Help! I can't find zumba in the database

Options
I have just tried out Zumba on the Wii and can't find it in the exercise database anywhere. Is there an accurate alternative I can use?

Thanks

P.S anyone got any recommmendations for Fitness Wii games that will help me lose the pounds?

Thanks again

Replies

• beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com Then you can add the exercise to your own database.

I have Exerbeat for the Wii and I love it. Really like the Boxercising. :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have put zumba xbox hrm in the database which is the same as the wii and it is also very close to zumbacalories.com so maybe you want to use mine :)

xx
  • traceymccune
    Options
    I had the same problem. I was entering "modern dance" or something like that and it was saying I was only burning 200-300 cal/hour. I recommend getting a heart rate monitor and tracking your own calories. I did that and it said I was actually burning 800-1000 cal/hour! :)
  • Suzex
    Suzex Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, thank you
  • Suzex
    Options
    Hi, where can i get one from and how much are they roughly?

Thanks
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I've been having the same problem. I've been using "dance, general" and it comes in at a ridiculously low amount of calories so I'll definitely be using one of the options above.:flowerforyou:
  • Suzex
    Options
    Thanks I'll look into that
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar FT4 for Christmas and they run about $80. It comes with a chest strap and a watch that you wear. Very comfortable and easy to set up and use. I found that the estimates both here and at the gym were pretty high compared to what I was actually burning.
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I put it in as an aerobics class with the appropriate time (my Zumba lady has us working pretty hard). It is definitely not as accurate as a hrm though.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    isnt Zumba fun times :)

I have Zumba 1, 2

Just Dance 1,2, 3, Summer dance party

Micheal Jackson Experience

Blck Eyed Peas Experience

^^^ All Wii games.. All Fun lil workouts
  • Suzex
    Options
    Thanks, I'm in England so I'm not sure they will have what you have over there but I will do some research into it. Thanks:happy:
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm in England so I'm not sure they will have what you have over there but I will do some research into it. Thanks:happy:

hey i went onto ebay and they sell them new on there i was lukcy and found one that had been used once and got it for £30 but i highky reccomend getting one its the BEST thing ive ever bought since starting my jurney
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

you can get them from argos :) xx
  • rsimola
    Options
    I LOVE my Zumba for my Wii. I also use Just Dance, Just Dance 2, Dance Workout from Gold's Gym and just bought Country Dance2. All work up a good sweat!:drinker:
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    Hi, where can i get one from and how much are they roughly?

Thanks

i just got mine off of amazon.com and mine was $33 after shipping. Its really nice i and love it, i wish i would have gotten one sooner.
  • Suzex
    Options
    Brilliant. Thanks guys xx:happy:
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have just tried out Zumba on the Wii and can't find it in the exercise database anywhere. Is there an accurate alternative I can use?

Thanks

P.S anyone got any recommmendations for Fitness Wii games that will help me lose the pounds?

Thanks again

The Zumba I have tells me calories etc, so I put my own in MFP. As for others, I love ALL the Wii Sports (they count too) as well as the Wii Fit is AWESOME b/c it not only gives you yoga, exercises & FUN things to do but it also weighs you, does body tests etc. It has everything in my opinion! I love my Zumba but I LOVE my Wii Fit too! Heck I'm addicted to the Wii period! lol
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I was entering "modern dance" or something like that and it was saying I was only burning 200-300 cal/hour. I recommend getting a heart rate monitor and tracking your own calories. I did that and it said I was actually burning 800-1000 cal/hour! :)

That seems a bit high?

According to this

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/SM00109

you'll burn about 1000 kcal / hour if you're 200lbs and running 7-minute-miles for an hour. That's pretty fast, equivalent to running a 23 minute 5k time.
  • Kelra01
    Kelra01 Posts: 23
    Options
    anyone got any recommmendations for Fitness Wii games that will help me lose the pounds

Im doing the UFC Wii workout along with Wii Fit in conjunction with the Gym using the Wii as my warm-up.