need more water

Options
hi everyone!

I was wondering how can I add more water to my diet? some days i only drink 2-4 glasses of water.
I like to drink green tea, grape juice, orange juice,and apple juice too throughout the day. does that count? lol I've tried those flavored waters. i dont like them that much. any suggestions?

Replies

• jessicacheesebrough
    Options
    I drink this flavored water/soda thing. It's called "Clear American" by Sam's Choice. You can get it at Walmart for 58 cents a bottle for 1 liter. I LOVE IT, it comes in so many different flavors like Strawberry, Wild Cherry, Peach, Mandarin Orange, etc.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

I was wondering how can I add more water to my diet? some days i only drink 2-4 glasses of water.
    I like to drink green tea, grape juice, orange juice,and apple juice too throughout the day. does that count? lol I've tried those flavored waters. i don't like them that much. any suggestions?

Make yourself drink it. It's just like exercise: you have to discipline yourself into incorporating it into your daily life.

I either mix it with some tea or lemon juice to give it some flavor. I can drink it faster/with more enjoyment that way.
  • lilla19
    lilla19 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi there!

I have a hard time drinking plain water as well on some days. i personally LOVE the carbonated waters they sell at the supermarket (ie: la croix, perrier, mendota, etc). they have a light flavor to them, but no sugar or anything. sometimes i like to mix 1/2 a can of sparking water to a juice (like canberry or pomegranite). Here is a list of some other ideas:

http://notecook.com/drinks/how-to-make-flavored-water/

I also have packets of Emergen-C. they have 1,000mg of vitamin C and come in several flavors.

Throughout the day i make drinking a glass of water as part of my meals. before i eat, i drink a glass of water, as well as after (or during) the meal. it helps fill you up too, so i feel more satisfied with my meal. I'm also trying to get into the habit of drinking extra glasses of water when i drink anything with caffine or sugar.

Hope this gives you some ideas...and good luck! : )
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I like added slices of lemon to my water. A friend suggested Key Limes. That helps me when I am having trouble.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel -- what I would do is take those juices you like so much and ADD WATER TO THEM!! A 1:1 ratio is usually enough. It really doesn't change the taste by too much, and it helps stretch them, which adds pennies to your wallet, and adds water to your diet.
  • ametis
    ametis Posts: 15
    Options
    Yesterday, i tried crystal light. it is little bags to add to water bottle. only 10 calories and i can change the flavor, i like it, but i use more water then it is write on the box.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a thing about drinking my calories. I want to CHEW my cals!! So I dont really drink much juice.

But what I did with my iced tea, and you can do with your juices, is to cut the juice with water. just like you do for a little kid.

I started with 75% tea, 25% water and worked my way down. I still have 1 glass of full tea, but I am down to 25/75 now.

Water will flush the toxins out, make you feel full if you drink 8 oz just before you eat, and help with moving the food through your system(:blushing: )

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • southern72
    southern72 Posts: 2
    Options
    becareful on drinking the juices.you will consume alot more calories that way.just keep trying those diffent flavors that you can add to your water.you will find one that you like.and just think water is the best thing to lose weight.i have lost 110 pds so far...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE water. I drank DIet Pepsi - that was it! I started with juices (sugar free) and worked my way into more and more water. Start out with adding a glass of plain water to your liquids, work your way into it.

You may also find you have a preferred temperature of water, mine has to be ice cold and with a lot of ice, then I can drink it easily. Other people prefer room temperature or even warm water. Just experiment and see what works for you. If you work at a desk, fill up a large bottle with mostly ice and some water, drink it thru-out the day. You don't have to change everything cold turkey, this is a lifestyle change, and it takes time to create new habits.

And now I drink 1 Diet Pepsi a day (if I remember) and only plain water. After 2 mos that's what I was doing when in the beginning I thought I hated water. But my body got used to it and now that's really all I want - as long as it's ice cold.
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! those are some great suggestions. i will try them and see what works best for me! :drinker:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    does that count?
    All non-caffeinated beverages count. So does soup.
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    does that count?
    All non-caffeinated beverages count. So does soup.

Thanks for the info! glad to know that! lol :flowerforyou: