tilapia recipes please!!

Options
xokatelynmariexo
xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
Hi all!! Fi just bought some tilapia fillets and i was never really a fish person so i have no idea how to cook them. Please share your recipes please:)

Thanks, Katelyn

Replies

• Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Red onions, tomatoes, Butter, and garlic!! Can't go wrong. :)
  • danimack
    danimack Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite recipes for it is to squeeze lime over it and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook over med heat- about 5 mins or so on each side. For a garnish mix avocado, tomato, red onion and a little lime juice.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    Options
    Thanks,

Keep them coming!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I bake mine brush it with a little olive oil and and rub old bay seasoning on it and bake till done serve it over brown rice. Even my 8 year old eats it.
  • skinnyhobbit
    Options
    I love Tilapia for fish tacos! Corn or low carb tortillas, low fat shredded mozzerella, black beans (optional), avacado, tomatoes, shredded cabbage with salsa and maybe a little greek yogurt...awesome.
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fish sticks!!! I use this EatingWell recipe and they come out so yummy!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eatingwell_fish_sticks.html
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Dip the tilapia in egg whites, then dip them in wasa cracker crumbs. Spray a pan with pam and cook! Top it with salsa if you like :) I'm not a fish person either, but I love this recipe.

188 calories, 27 g protein, 14g carbs, 3 g fat, 57mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 144mg sodium
    *Dr. Jeff's Breaded Tilapia from Biggest Loser Cookbook
  • shannon121278
    Options
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I season mine with cajun or blackened seasoning and broil for 8-10 minutes (I actually like mine drier and more done, so I go 12 in)

and then I make a sauce with non fat greek yogurt, a TB of dijon mustard, a couple TB of fresh chives, a tsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. YUMMMMM
  • rayleansout
    Options
    1:Sprinkle on Parika, and Lemon Juice, with a bit of cajun seasoning. Bake on 375 for 30 minutes.
    2:Brush with olive oil and add garlic and onion on top.
    3: Brush with Bar-B-Q
    4: Cook in any of the above ways - add fish inside a low carb wrap - add raw fresh spinach and sauce below - nice fish taco!

For a nice sauce - 1/2 cup plain lowfat yougurt, 1 cucumber chopped including juice, a little greek seasoning a bit of dry dill weed - and you have a nice healthy low cal - low sodium sauce to dip the fish in.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    My favorite tilapia recipe: Lemon garlic tilapia

Ingredients:
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    2 cloves garlic
    dill
    lemon juice
    reduced fat mayo

Chop up the garlic, keep 1/3 separate. Warm up your pan with the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, some of the dill, some of the lemon juice (I don't measure, I just wing it). I fry my filets for 4 minutes each side. For a nice sauce I use the remaining garlic, some dill, some lemon juice and some of the fat-free mayo and mix until it's creamy. It gives it a nice tang to the fish.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    Options
    you guys are awesome!! loving these recipes!!!!
  • tbanking
    tbanking Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use spray butter and lemon pepper seasoning. You can either but it in a foil pouch and grill it or bake it.
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/broiled-tilapia-with-thai-coconut-curry.html

So good! Everything on this blog is pretty amazing and all low-cal!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I put about half of a tbspn of olive oil in a pan, and heat. Meanwhile, I sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning mix and occasionally a little parmesean cheese, on both sides. Then I cook it in the olive oil, a few mins on each side. It's just enough oil to give it a crisp, but not enough to mess with the calories too much. I like to have asparagus (cooked the same way minus the italian seasoning and parm) or green beans (also cooked the same minus parm and italian seasoning) as a side. It's super delish! I make it often, and even my husband, who isn't a fish person, likes it! So easy too, ready in less than 15 mins!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i had tilapia last night. I had it very plain and was good.

put on bbq - cook desired
    lemon juice
    pepper

good to go!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I love Tilapia for fish tacos! Corn or low carb tortillas, low fat shredded mozzerella, black beans (optional), avacado, tomatoes, shredded cabbage with salsa and maybe a little greek yogurt...awesome.

This ^ except I lightly dust them with some taco seasoning first
  • jessieo387
    jessieo387 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite, my fiance loves it too -- and he isn't on any kind of diet!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-garlic-tilapia/
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I make this dinner once a week for my family.

oil baking dish
    sprink oil with "Old Bay" or other favorite seafood seasoning
    Lay tilaipia on and sprinke again with Old Bay seasoning
    Lay a small/thin slice of stick butter on each filet
    Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

Yummy! The whole family loves it!