Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tilapia recipes please!!

xokatelynmariexo
xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
Hi all!! Fi just bought some tilapia fillets and i was never really a fish person so i have no idea how to cook them. Please share your recipes please:)

Thanks, Katelyn

Replies

• Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Red onions, tomatoes, Butter, and garlic!! Can't go wrong. :)
  • danimack
    danimack Posts: 18 Member
    One of my favorite recipes for it is to squeeze lime over it and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook over med heat- about 5 mins or so on each side. For a garnish mix avocado, tomato, red onion and a little lime juice.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    Thanks,

Keep them coming!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I bake mine brush it with a little olive oil and and rub old bay seasoning on it and bake till done serve it over brown rice. Even my 8 year old eats it.
  • I love Tilapia for fish tacos! Corn or low carb tortillas, low fat shredded mozzerella, black beans (optional), avacado, tomatoes, shredded cabbage with salsa and maybe a little greek yogurt...awesome.
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Fish sticks!!! I use this EatingWell recipe and they come out so yummy!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eatingwell_fish_sticks.html
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Dip the tilapia in egg whites, then dip them in wasa cracker crumbs. Spray a pan with pam and cook! Top it with salsa if you like :) I'm not a fish person either, but I love this recipe.

188 calories, 27 g protein, 14g carbs, 3 g fat, 57mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 144mg sodium
    *Dr. Jeff's Breaded Tilapia from Biggest Loser Cookbook
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    I season mine with cajun or blackened seasoning and broil for 8-10 minutes (I actually like mine drier and more done, so I go 12 in)

and then I make a sauce with non fat greek yogurt, a TB of dijon mustard, a couple TB of fresh chives, a tsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. YUMMMMM
  • 1:Sprinkle on Parika, and Lemon Juice, with a bit of cajun seasoning. Bake on 375 for 30 minutes.
    2:Brush with olive oil and add garlic and onion on top.
    3: Brush with Bar-B-Q
    4: Cook in any of the above ways - add fish inside a low carb wrap - add raw fresh spinach and sauce below - nice fish taco!

For a nice sauce - 1/2 cup plain lowfat yougurt, 1 cucumber chopped including juice, a little greek seasoning a bit of dry dill weed - and you have a nice healthy low cal - low sodium sauce to dip the fish in.
  • MeliciousGibson
    MeliciousGibson Posts: 248 Member
    My favorite tilapia recipe: Lemon garlic tilapia

Ingredients:
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    2 cloves garlic
    dill
    lemon juice
    reduced fat mayo

Chop up the garlic, keep 1/3 separate. Warm up your pan with the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, some of the dill, some of the lemon juice (I don't measure, I just wing it). I fry my filets for 4 minutes each side. For a nice sauce I use the remaining garlic, some dill, some lemon juice and some of the fat-free mayo and mix until it's creamy. It gives it a nice tang to the fish.
  • xokatelynmariexo
    you guys are awesome!! loving these recipes!!!!
  • tbanking
    tbanking Posts: 28 Member
    I use spray butter and lemon pepper seasoning. You can either but it in a foil pouch and grill it or bake it.
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/broiled-tilapia-with-thai-coconut-curry.html

So good! Everything on this blog is pretty amazing and all low-cal!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 340 Member
    I put about half of a tbspn of olive oil in a pan, and heat. Meanwhile, I sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning mix and occasionally a little parmesean cheese, on both sides. Then I cook it in the olive oil, a few mins on each side. It's just enough oil to give it a crisp, but not enough to mess with the calories too much. I like to have asparagus (cooked the same way minus the italian seasoning and parm) or green beans (also cooked the same minus parm and italian seasoning) as a side. It's super delish! I make it often, and even my husband, who isn't a fish person, likes it! So easy too, ready in less than 15 mins!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    i had tilapia last night. I had it very plain and was good.

put on bbq - cook desired
    lemon juice
    pepper

good to go!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    I love Tilapia for fish tacos! Corn or low carb tortillas, low fat shredded mozzerella, black beans (optional), avacado, tomatoes, shredded cabbage with salsa and maybe a little greek yogurt...awesome.

This ^ except I lightly dust them with some taco seasoning first
  • jessieo387
    jessieo387 Posts: 7 Member
    This is my favorite, my fiance loves it too -- and he isn't on any kind of diet!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-garlic-tilapia/
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    I make this dinner once a week for my family.

oil baking dish
    sprink oil with "Old Bay" or other favorite seafood seasoning
    Lay tilaipia on and sprinke again with Old Bay seasoning
    Lay a small/thin slice of stick butter on each filet
    Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

Yummy! The whole family loves it!