Looking for mutual support / friends

Hi! I am a 49 year old Northern California mom of a 9 year old who also has a full time career. I am looking to give and receive support here on MFP so we can all achieve our goal. Feel free to add me and I will be there for you when you need a high five or a kick in the pants. Have a fabulous, healthy day! Laureen

Replies

• LeiaBeekley
    LeiaBeekley Posts: 26 Member
    I too am looking for the same motivation so feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • MeliciousGibson
    MeliciousGibson Posts: 248 Member
    Hi, Lauren-

I sure can use a bit of that mutual support today! Yesterday I had some mad cravings for my sweets and carbs, but I DID NOT GIVE IN! For that I am pretty proud of myself. The problem is that even though I KNOW logically that muscle is more dense than fat, and that I'm building muscle and losing fat - that darn needle on the scale WILL NOT BUDGE! I lost 6 pounds right away, and now it just won't move!

I've been sticking to my healthy eating plan, I've been doing my workouts....and I am seeing some results in the belly area. I KNOW I'm placing too much emphasis on that stupid number on the scale, but I can't seem to help it. I really want that needle to go down - even one stinking little marker! I feel like I'm doing all of this hard work (and sometimes it is VERY harde) and it's just not getting me where I want to go.

Yes, I'm fairly impatient! LOL
  • HELLO ALL I AM NEW TO THIS SITE I AM ACTUALLY REALLY EXCITED ABOUT USING THIS PROGRAM . FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND!!! I AM CURRENTLY IN A 60 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE WHICH STARTED LAST FRIDAY IF YOU HAVE ANY HELPFUL; TIPS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT 1300 CALORIE RANGE
  • bump :)<3