Fullbar?

Options
Yesterday I was at Big Lots buying Bob's Red Mill products(much cheaper than the grocery store) and I noticed "fullbar" sitting next to them. Naturally I picked it up and read the back. You are supposed to eat 1 bar with 8 oz of water an hour before each meal and it's supposed to help you feel full and eat less. First of all, this bar had 180 calories so 540 of my daily 1690 calories has to go to this bar? That's a lot. Has anyone tried these and had any luck with them?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Bars aren't food. And unless you plan to eat them as your regular lifestyle the rest of your life, they are temporary.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Bars aren't food. And unless you plan to eat them as your regular lifestyle the rest of your life, they are temporary.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

i like bars :'(

OP- i think i picked one up once in the protein bar/ granola bar section, and I just at the bar as a granola bar (without a meal)... I thought they taste pretty good, and I felt full, but it was probably all in my head lol :D !
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I had one because I was starving when I picked up a prescription at Walgreens, and you're supposed to have 16 oz of water I think. I felt full and then got caught up in life. I suppose it's a good thing if it's your TOM and you're CRAZY hungry.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was at Big Lots buying Bob's Red Mill products(much cheaper than the grocery store) and I noticed "fullbar" sitting next to them. Naturally I picked it up and read the back. You are supposed to eat 1 bar with 8 oz of water an hour before each meal and it's supposed to help you feel full and eat less. First of all, this bar had 180 calories so 540 of my daily 1690 calories has to go to this bar? That's a lot. Has anyone tried these and had any luck with them?
    Mallory, not sure why you would need this, you look fantastic and obviously have good eating habits. I am all for supplements that promote health, such as a good protein shake or true meal replacement, when needed. I prefer whole foods but will resort to one of those in a pinch. I don't see why anyone would really need these fullbars. if you are looking to curb the appetite, drink more water and change the types of foods you are eating. I think most people who use these also have a carb heavy diet, which keeps them hungry. You know the score, eat more protein rich foods and that will keep you satiated between meals.

This is just my thoughts and not by any means judgment towards anyone here.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law bought herself a case of them (yes, a case) before she had gastric bypass. She's one of those that bought and tried EVERYTHING for about 3 days before she just gave up... that's why she ended up having gastric... ugh, that's a whole different thread though!

Anyway, she could no longer eat them for obvious reasons, so when I started dieting and working out she sent them to me (gee, thanks?)
    first, they taste like stale fruit flavored card board... and the peanut butter ones, sweet jesus I never thought I could be offended by anything peanut butter flavored, but I was.

second... I still don't get the point of them. Eat a 190 calorie bar an hour before your meal so you eat less at your meal... the theory is you'll eat less so you'll lose weight? Ok then, why the EFF would I want to add an extra 190 calories prior to every meal? so... adding an extra (horrible tasting) 570 calories to my diet each day, along with my REDUCED calorie diet I'm on to lose weight, will help me lose weight?!

ummm... no thanks.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Thaks Tami for such enlightened information.. I am going to rename these FoolBars..

Mallory - I hope you stick with real foods and continue all your great success.. You look amazing!!!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know this thread is old... But I am going to be honest. The company sent me a HUGE box to try out all their stuff. And I am hooked. I eat their gummies before my meals and they totally make me feel full. For breakfast I have one of their bars. My appetite to snack is non existent. I still eat healthy don't get me wrong, but my snacking has totally disappeared, no cravings AT ALL ANYMORE. It has been a month since I started eating them. <3<3<3
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I know I am digging up an old thread but i actually like these. I don't eat a bar before lunch, I eat it as lunch. 170 cal lunch is nice, especially when you don't have time to make something healthy to bring in.