One Year Later -- Transformation Pictures

carpediem3
carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
Today is a day I will not soon forget. A day my life changed, for the better. I was diagnosed with PCOS on January 10, 2011. When the doctor said PCOS, I instantly thought "will I be unable to conceive another baby blessing?" Admittedly, I cried -- then smiled knowing I had 2 beautiful babies she had said were miracles. Then I thought of my health -- diabetes and the "how am I going to lose weight with this" fear, as after doing research, found it was quite hard. My doctor told me I was dangerously close to being diabetic, and I needed to lose weight. I was put on 1700mg metformin, and birth control. From that early doctors appointment on I changed my diet. I watched portion sizes, ate healthier, cut out pop/sugar loaded juices, and started exercising -- but didn't start tracking calories until I found MFP a few months later. It wasn't easy, at all, but I had decided whole heartedly PCOS was not going to control my life. I wanted to be fit, healthy, and full of energy for me as well as my family. My metformin has since been cut in half for the last couple of months, and depending on what my next labs show -- mid Jan -- I'm hoping to cut it out of my daily routine completely.

To date I have lost 71.6lbs -- as of 9am this morning.
Weight: Then 246.9lbs -- Now 175.3lbs
Pant: Then 20/22 -- Now 12/loose 13
Shirt: Then 2X -- Now M/some L
Every one of my labs have improved --
Most importantly glucose: Then 98 -- Oct '11 was 86
Mood: Then depressed -- Now full of life, happy, energized, fantastic!

Now the pics :)

Then-Now.jpg

Then-Now2.jpg

Then-Now4.jpg

10-01-10-1.jpg

DSCN3443.jpg

This last picture I am very proud of. I know I am not bikini ready, far from it, but I'm definitely a lot closer than I was a year ago :)

DSCN3418.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!