C25K - Timing

Options
Does it matter - is it better to get up at o'dark thirty in the morning to do it (read 5am) or do it at 8:30pm?

What works for you?

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I do it at night, usually around 8 or so. I work full time, have three kids (one playing sports), a home to keep up with, and I'm a college student. Usually by 8, I'm ready for some "me" time and it's a good way to clear my head and just be.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Last summer I did it around 7:00pm.. cause the sun would go down and it wouldn't tire me out.... but right now I started again and it's every morning... 6am or 7am depending on the schedule.. its only 30 minutes right...
  • CrazyBiscuit
    Options
    I do it at night. I'm not a morning person at all. If I try morning I don't do well. At night I find I don't stop early or walk "just a few extra seconds". I think it depends on if you're a morning person or night owl.
  • pcgunter
    pcgunter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've ran both in the morning and in the evening. Running wakes me up and gives me a boost of energy, so if you can stand the cold mornings, I'd say go for it. I find myself enjoying the evening runs better, but it does keep me awake longer than I would like sometimes.
  • PegJ
    PegJ Posts: 7
    Options
    The best part of doing it at 4:30am is leaving the gym at 5:45am, done for the day.