Uh oh! A Guy is on the site, too!!!

Options
Hey all. I'm 26 years old, and I think it's about time for that six-pack, don't you think?! I have wanted one for a few years now, and it looks like no one else is goin' to give it to me! I am actually pretty "healthy" in terms of size (5'7", 155 pounds), but my habits are not too good (I loooooooove chicken wings, homemade ice cream, anything that used to move, etc.!). AND...on top of it all, I gained 10 pounds in just eight months at my current job! NOT GOOD!!! I sit around all day and eat out twice a day!!!!

But there's more!!! My dad had a heart attack a few months ago from not watchin' what he ate, and that's just more fuel for the fire. I come from a pretty unhealthy family. I just started countin' my calories today, and it looks like I'm goin' to have to change my lifestyle a bit! But I'm eager to see results.

Will keep ya posted! Hopefully I can be some inspiration to someone else along the way...

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm 26 years old, and I think it's about time for that six-pack, don't you think?! I have wanted one for a few years now, and it looks like no one else is goin' to give it to me! I am actually pretty "healthy" in terms of size (5'7", 155 pounds), but my habits are not too good (I loooooooove chicken wings, homemade ice cream, anything that used to move, etc.!).

All that to say my dad had a heart attack a few months ago from not watchin' what he ate, and that's just more fuel for the fire. I come from a pretty unhealthy family. I just started countin' my calories today, and it looks like I'm goin' to have to change my lifestyle a bit! But I'm eager to see results.

Will keep ya posted! Hopefully I can be some inspiration to someone else along the way...

One of my friends is amazingly healthy, fit and muscular... but is cursed in never getting the six-pack he wanted in the first place. If you get one... tell us how!

Good luck with that - and no worries, there are lots of guys here. Just WAY more women :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and best of luck to you!!

This is a great site and I bet you find it to be extremely helpful to you in reaching your goals.

I am sorry to hear about your father but that can definitely help to fuel you to work towards that healthier lifestyle. I completely changed mine and can't believe I ever allowed myself to feel the way I did.

Let me know if I can help! :happy:
    -Tami
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • roadtripfool
    Options
    Good luck with that - and no worries, there are lots of guys here. Just WAY more women :drinker:

So wait, I can get fit...AND hang out with women all the time?! Why didn't I sign up for this years ago?!

If they are all as nice as you few have been so far, we are goin' to have one sweet time on here!!!! LADIES, LET'S GET FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Hi Road Trip :)

Welcome :) You will love it here :)

As far as Ripped... I need not say more than BeachBody..... p90x will have you ripped in no time :) Love it ;)

Of course the 130+ lbs I left behind didn't hurt either ;)

Welcome :) And good luck on your journey :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yes, this site IS full of women!! Not balanced out at all!!:grumble: :laugh:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    My hubby's younger (more healthy) brother had a heart attack last fall (when jogging.) So when I joined here, it's been good for my hubby & motivating for us both.
    :flowerforyou:
    You'll love it here.
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! This a great site full of wonderful people; jump right into the community! Good luck! :smile:
  • roadtripfool
    Options

Well, you won't find me complaining!!! woo hoo!!!

Ok, I guess now is a good time to play THESE cards...

Hmm...obviously I'm into...

1. Fitness.
    2. Long walks along the beach. (with our fit bodies, of course) :laugh:
    3. Chick flicks.
    4. Leaving romantic notes in hidden locations.
    5. Surprises.

<clears throat> If you need my number...hehe...
  • TamTastic
    Options

1. Fitness.
    3. Chick flicks.
    5. Surprises.

Oh, you'll fit in just fine here! Just sit back and let em come to you!! :wink: :laugh:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

1. Fitness.
    3. Chick flicks.
    5. Surprises.

#4 has already brought out a romantic sigh. Now, about my number... :wink:
  • francis_adriro
    Options
    Hey Welcome, I just joined a few days ago as well:) Well good luck w/ the journey, I'm here if you need anything.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Glad to have you. And as far as that number goes, I have a daughter . . .
  • Rottiemama
    Rottiemama Posts: 66
    Options
    Well Roadtrip...looks like you have lots of ladies to support you....:bigsmile: Enjoy, work hard and it will pay off in more ways than you can imagine. Starting now to take better care of yourself will be so beneficial when you get older. Avoiding high cholesterol, high blood pressure....and learning to eat the right foods will help your odds of avoiding heart attacks. Good for you:happy: Have fune. We are all here for you :flowerforyou: