Did you achieve your 2011 resolution?

Options
2»

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I exceeded mine as I wasn't as fit xmas 2011 as I am now but my goal was to simply still be at the same level of independence by this xmas, as my condition does progress I wasn't entirely sure if it was gonna be possible but decided I'd be happy if I could still at least cook myself a meal, feed and dress myself and walk my dog independently (using mobility scooter/powered chair) ..and I exceeded it by loads.

As well as being physically stronger, finding a way to reduce the muscle spasms, fatigue & pain levels I've lost nearly 2 and half stone since June 2011 and on my way to hitting 3 stone lost (42lbs I think?) Not sure where I'm stopping yet.. I think I'd look too thin at 9st or under... around 9st 6 (60kg/132lbs) maybe be good.

I wanted to get to 9st 3 to finish Wii Fit but 9st 6 seems a nice weight so I thought I'd like to work on building back 3lb muscle back rather than just putting 3lb fat back/water back on to get from 9st 3 to 9st 6 where I'd like to maintain at (I think). If I can build muscle and strength when they should be starting to waste I might stand a chance of slowing things down.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't remember making any resolutions at the beginning of 2011. However it marked the year that I became serious about my health and fitness. 15kg down (6 months later) with 12kg to go. But more importantly, I too am exercising regularly (probably 5/7 days on average) including strength and cardio and feel great.

This year I made a few resolutions including: continuing my weight loss till I get to goal weight (I estimate it will take me another 6 months or so), running my first 5K (I am 70% there) and serving my mfp friends a healthy diary (have not done so great on this one lately lol).

There are other non-fitness goals of course. But this is a fitness website!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    YAY to ALL of you!!! Making, setting and achieving goals is what life is about. It gives us focus and rewards us in the end. As the saying goes "Nothing in life is free, painless or easy!":wink: I wish you all another year of success!!!!
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    yes! Onederland!!
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose weight, and my goal weight was 160. Lost all that AND another 10 pounds.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yep. My goal was to run a 5K race. I had not ran before--not even a little bit. I started in January with the Couch to 5K program, and achieved my resolution in May!
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, the official goal was 50 pounds by September. hit 80. Hoped for 100 for the year but ended up with only 72, slipped during the holidays and some minor injuries. 2012 I got a goal of 100 off, hopefully as the weather changes I can crank up the results.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You people ROCK!!!!! Way to gooooo!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!