No lbs lost :(

Options
Okay so this is my first week here. I started last Wednesday weighing in at 159 lbs. Even though I knew I shouldn't weigh myself again until tomorrow (after a full week) I stepped on the scale first thing this morning. Much to my dismay, I had not lost any weight. I knew this was possible. I know it's perfectly normal. But it doesn't really help me feel any better knowing that. So far all I have done is cut my caloric intake by like 800 calories a day. I was probably eating around 2000 a day before I started with MFP. Now I am aiming for no more than 1200 a day. I am planning on joining my local gym but haven't got the money for the membership fee yet. I'm just feeling a little discouraged and looking for motivation to keep going.

Replies

• merandrich
    Options
    Be patient. Its normal the scale didn't move b/c your body is trying to figure out whats going on all of a sudden. But, good news. You Dont need to join a gym. 80% of what you weigh is determined by what you eat. Only 20% determined by exercise. Basic rules for easy, healthy, steady weight loss: 1. Drink 64 oz of water a day. 2. Eat high Lean Protein diten. 3. Eat every 3 hrs. 4. Only have carbs in morning or lunch.. no carbs at night. 5. Do not eat w/in 2 1/2 hrs of bedtime. 6. Only weigh yourself 1 time a week, in the morning after you go to bathroom. Here's my main meal plan and it has kept my low blood sugar level and has melted the pounds off.

I buy at least 3-4 pck of Jenny O extra lean turney patties a week, I use them for hamberger, lettuce wraps, meatloaf..( for breakfast, lunch or dinner) Other lean proteins I buy Target Roasted chicken every week & tuna in can & fresh salmon... Between meals as your snack try either almond butter on celery Or Premiere Protein drinks at Sames- only 160 cals- 3 fat- 1 sugar and 30 grms of protein. They are Yummy and will keep you Full!

My meals change but here is sample of a basic day:
    break- ideal protein drink
    snack- 1 cup cooked oatmeal (raw not processed) w/ 1 Tbs almond butter & 1/2 Tbs raw honey
    lunch- LARGE salade w/ as much lettuce as you want- 2 cups of low glycemic veggies (cucumbers, celery, broccali, cauli, mushroom w/ Walden Farms dressing- low cal & no sugar) w/ Either 6 oz Lean protein of choice or another protein drink
    snack- lettuce wrap w/ 3 slices lean turkey (or 1 Jenny O turkey patty cooked & crumbled), broccalli slaw, few thin slices of avocado
    dinner- 6-8 oz lean protein( I usually do ground turkey, fish or roasted chicken from Target) and 2 cups steamed veggies (usually always broccali or cauli or both- sometimes asparagus)
    snack- No later than 8 pm ( or 2 hrs before bed) protein drink ( Its like having choc shake for desert night! And I no longer crave sugar.
    Follow these rule, and I Promise you will be thrilled w/ results. Hope that helps!
  • mollysmomma81709
    mollysmomma81709 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying. And thanks so much for the great tips. I appreciate it!
  • dwardkaiser
    Options
    Dont be your own worst critic! How do you feel? Are your clothes started to feel looser?
    Keep up the good work!
    I was told a couple of months ago - "The fat didnt appear overnight so it isnt going to disappear overnight".
    Some weeks the scale moves and others it doesnt!

SO TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN!! :bigsmile:
  • carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this a week and gained 3 pounds. Struggling sticking to the 1200 calories though, seem to average 1500. Have exercised this week for 3 hours, where normally I do none. What am I doing wrong or will it even out then start going down?:ohwell:
  • mollysmomma81709
    mollysmomma81709 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    same here!! some days i can stay at 1200 but over the weekend i went over a bit. i am drinking TONS of water and really i just feel kind of bloated from it! haha. i dont want to stop now because i just started. i'm hoping once i start working out that it will help even more. i want to be happy when i look in the mirror. if nothing else i guess i can feel happy that i am TRYING to be a more healthy person instead of eating anything/everything i get my hands on!