Alli

Options
has anyone tried using alli with their MFP diet and routine? I have been reading reviews about their "treatment effects" and it makes me nervous.

just wondering what kind of advice/comments anyone had about using alli to help boost weight loss.

Thanks.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy , move more and DON'T buy into quick fixes

a friend of mine who used Alli , said she had to stay close to the bathroom!
  • josiesumerlin
    Options
    I tried it years ago to lose weight for my wedding and I lost weight for sure, since then I heard reports that it can damage your liver and that is nothing to mess with. I would ask a Dr what they think about it.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Im using it and like it, seems to help!
  • Destinie589
    Options
    I haven't tried. I hear terrible things. Do some more research... it seems like an unpleasant experience.
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    I have never tried it and never will. never.
    I know a few people that did...let's leave this at you will have uncontrollable, very disgusting "body functions."
  • Destinie589
    Options
    Im using it and like it, seems to help!

I dont mean to get too personal but do you experience awful side effects from it? I'm just as curious as the op.
  • runtobefit3409
    Options
    It is not worth the possible "treatment effects"!! I worked with a few ladies that were looking for the little pill that would help them lose the weight and all they would talk about is this orange, greasy discharge that would appear in the toilet and sometimes in their pants if they ate something with too high of fat content.

Just stick to the natural way of watching what you eat and adding exercise to you daily routine.
  • naz81irani
    naz81irani Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! i see +tive and -tive reviews so i think i am going to stick with my regular diet and exercise routine for now. it takes longer but it seems to be working.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you are sticking to the MFP plan, it's really not necessary, whether it has undesirable side effects or not. Fat is not what makes you fat, calories are. If you are concerned that there is too much fat in your diet, you can make alternative choices to bring that number down. You don't need a pill to flush extra fat from your food out of your diet, you can just as easily consume less of it, without fear of undesirable side effects. :-)
  • Tjarvi
    Tjarvi Posts: 53
    Options
    has anyone tried using alli with their MFP diet and routine? I have been reading reviews about their "treatment effects" and it makes me nervous.

just wondering what kind of advice/comments anyone had about using alli to help boost weight loss.

Thanks.

I used it a while back. IT WORKS!! You can try to minimize the side effects by staying under the recommended amount of fat, when you take it. BEWARE... you will need a change of clothes on hand..just in case.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    One of my friends tried Alli last year. She had all the expected side effects till she got the hang of eating very low fat. And she did have a decent weight loss. BUT as soon as she came off the Alli she went back to her bad habits & the weight went right back on plus a bit more. She's now going to Weight Watchers & is doing very well, and she's learning how to eat health & portion control.
  • alexbowser
    Options
    I took Alli for a while when I started dieting, it works really well when you follow the plan (low fat/low cal).
    I stopped because it's super expensive. MFP is free, and there are no unpleasant side effects.
  • jonbairam11
    Options
    I have used both Alli and its more potent (double the strength) doctor prescribed xenical. The information says its to be taken in conjunction with a low fat diet, essentially it reduces the absorption of dietary fat. Therefore the less fat you eat the less you 'don't absorb'. If you continue to eat in way that is not healthy (I guess that is why we are here, because that is what we tend to do) then you will have some rather nasty and urgent side effects, that include oil leaking, and very loose stools.
    If however you eat healthily as we all should you will have no issues, it will still reduce the fat you absorb, but you will not be taking on so much. I would not recommend taking it and continuing to eat bad food. you will know about it if you eat a macdo for example.

Also, it is not only calories that control weight, its true that if you take in less than you use you will eventually lose weight, but it might be more healthy and more efficient to consider the type of food you take in, try not get obsessed with calories and weight and instead concentrate on how you feel about your own health and body image. personally I couldn't care less how much i way, I am more worried with shape, form and fitness and being able to move and do the things i want to without worry.
  • AFGyrl
    AFGyrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would take one fiber pill with the alli pill to not deal with the "side effects"!:explode:
  • AFGyrl
    AFGyrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can I take Alli with the 48 hour diet?