Vegetarian/Vegan

Options
Have you guys read Skinny Beach? I was thinking of picking it up and reading, or are there any how to vegan/vegetarian books you recommend?

Replies

• stacyann1001
    stacyann1001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you vegan/vegetarian already?

I ready Skinny ***** about a year and a half ago and it changed my view of food completely, it actually sickened me. If you are going to be read it, be prepared for it.... You are going to learn things that you may not be ready for BUT should know. After reading it, I did become a vegetarian, at the same time I was also having some health issues and the doctors recommendation was to changing my diet to less meat, more veggies so all the cards fell in place for me at that time.

Now, I will be honest - I have a good friend that is a total vegan and a bunch of friends that are vegetarians - I am not as strict as them or near their level. I will avoid beef and pork as at all times because my body does not process it well (headaches, cramping and other unpleasant issues). I will eat chicken, turkey and seafood because they do not effect my body in a negative manner like the beef and pork. I know that doesn't sound like a vegetarian but I really do avoid eating the chicken, turkey and seafood as much as possible but eat it because I often find it hard to make total vegetarian meals that complete my nutritional needs. I tell people i am vegetarian because its also easier when I go places (dinner parties, weddings, work functions) I know that there is better chance they wont just have a roast beef sitting on the table as the ONLY option to eat. (yuck!)

I would also love if someone could suggest a diet friendly vegetarian recipe book!!!!! I would love some new ideas :)
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I also found another book. The Kind Diet. It loosk good and not as hard core as Skinny *****.

Has anyone read that one?
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a subscription to vegetarian times magazine and reccommend it for great veggie recipes. Also, Food Network magazine usually has lots of vegetarian or easy to convert to vegetarian recipes. :)