Open Call

Options
I'm trying a different route.

Spent loads of money on things that didn't work. Exercise equipment, pay to play groups, gyms...

My honesty: my life style sucks and I'm not making smart choices, consistently. Anyone who's like me - needs to lose around 40 +\- lbs. and wants to band together to do this together, let me know.

We could all use a little help. I certainly need some support with this and will give support likewise.

Replies

• amanda142002
    Options
    I'm with you
  • katiebythebay12
    Options
    Terrific Amanda, thanks for replying. 8-)

I'm starting my "conscious diet" tomorrow, so jump right in if you feel like starting sometime this week or whenever.

Katie
  • ilonaveen
    Options
    Hi, I wanna lose around 40 lbs. Would like to give and recieve support. I started on MFP about 10 days ago. Feel free to add me, if you like.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone -

It had been so long since I originally signed up with this site, I totally forgot I had a handle already!

Discovered my error and then, accidentally deactivated the wrong account, lol.

If you happened to befriend me this morning, please invite me again with my sincere apologies.

I'm a dork, that needs your support. 8-)

katie
  • jmaffett
    Options
    Oh Katie ... I'm there with you. Just dropped an extremely expensive personal trainer after 8 months with her yielded zero pounds lost.

I need to lose a minimum of 30 pounds and truly more like 45#. We're going on vacation at the end of April and I want to lose 1# a week until then (16 # should put me into some size 12s pretty comfortably). I know what to do, I just don't seem to do it.

I need motivation and I do better with a group ... so count me in!

Janine
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Hey Janine -

I just posted about "old, forgotten and expensive gym equipment." Your personal trainer counts as that. Did you learn ANYTHING from him/her? Hopefully all is not lost? Please share, if you can.

I think your 30 lbs is do-able by time your vacation rolls around, btw, so I'll help as much as I can. Honestly, 30-40 lbs would be ideal for me too, so we can do it together.

katie
  • JacPo
    JacPo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm new and understand the power of banning together. I say let's do it.
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in. We can do it!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Hey guys -

I'm open to invites from anyone who wants to pair up.

My biggest weaknesses are portions and eating late at night.

Anyone else want to share???

Katie
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Definately in the same boat... I gave up soda and candy last week when I started and down three lbs a week later so i'm just learning and need lots of help and ideas so please add me
  • echandle12
    Options
    I want to lose more than 40, but I am in for support and motivation. I have a pretty good routine down, and I recommend trying free classes at the gym. I do a bootcamp, and my inner competative spirit kicks in when I see all the girls working out!!! Try it
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have 47lbs to go to reach my goal, feel free to add me as a friend!!:smile:
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I'd like to lose thirty, but who knows where that will go?
  • mnd32
    mnd32 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm with ya! I need all the friends I can get!
  • reneehill1
    Options
    :smile:
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!

Just tried to become friends with you Katiebythebay but you have deactivated your account....don't give up-if you come back,we can do this together.
    Don't give up
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Tammi and I really need to lose over 50lbs and would welcome any encouragement and will most definately return the good vibes!

Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need to lose another 30# and am frustrated as hell! I consistently eat healthy, and try to exercise at least 3-4 times per week but the weight loss is SLOW and sometimes non existent

We're going on a cruise in March and I want to lose another 15 pounds before then. I am journaling and exercising but VERY frustrated.

I'd love to have as many like minded friends as possible in this journey...feel free to friend me and let's keep eachother motivated!

Jennifer
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Hey guys -

Mellie and I are gonna start a group I think.

Feel free to sign up, if you think it will help you.

I know just being in touch with you all has helped me stay on track and reading various posts about their exercise routines is pushing me to move forward.

Katie
    (5 lbs lighter after two days...)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    The group is up on the site now - it's called Dewars (not the liquor!).

I'm going to try and post something (hopefully) helpful everyday and if more of us participate daily, it could really snowball into something positive.

The more, the merrier - ALL are welcome, especially newbies and any returning members who want to try and change their life style for the better!

katie