water retention from workout?

Options
I weigh myself in the morning and I always see a weight gain the day after a work out. I believe it is water retention. Is this just something I will have to deal with? I drink plenty of water so that I pee clear but the other day I saw a 2.5 # increase! I eat around 1200 cals a day and will eat more on days I work out. I am also low carb. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Replies

• danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am not sure exactly if you can get water retention from a workout. i normally notice a drop a day after cardio. I have noticed though that any time i do weights and/or have sore muscles it's always more the next day. A couple days later when my muscles stop being sore the scale goes down. I dunno?
  • kelleybug
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm going through!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a look @ your salt intake. Eating a lot of salt, or things with a lot of sodium, will make you retain water.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We should be friends. I am doing something similiar. Curious why do you have your carbs at 17? My sister is a nutritionist and advised my never to go below 20 net carbs and if we are just counting straight carbs (like MFP does) to stick right around 90-100. I'm not judging, I am honestly just curious. If it's working I'll give it a try too.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    If you have sore muscles, they're retaining water. Sometimes the day after a good workout when I'm sore I gain like 2 lbs. It goes away the next day or the day after though.
  • addictedtobubbles
    Options
    We should be friends. I am doing something similiar. Curious why do you have your carbs at 17? My sister is a nutritionist and advised my never to go below 20 net carbs and if we are just counting straight carbs (like MFP does) to stick right around 90-100. I'm not judging, I am honestly just curious. If it's working I'll give it a try too.

No that's ok. :) I do keto. I actually keep my carbs in between 20g-25g a day. I eat a high fat high protein diet, so lots of meat, cheese, and green veggies. I must say I've never cooked more in my life!