Wish me luck

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
Tomorrow I'm having surgery, I have a date with a plastic surgeon who has convinced me that he can rid me of the scars on my face!! yeahhh, i'm so excited, I look fine if you look at me from the right, but I have two very pronounced scars on the left side of my face, he told me that he can make them just about disappear. The big bonus..I get a little mini face lift all paid for by Ontario Health plan. I will be happy if he can just make them less noticeable, but if he can work a miracle, who am I to stop him! :laugh:
Can't wait!!

Replies

• ametis
    ametis Posts: 15
    Options
    wowwww i am very happy for you molsongirl, and i wish you very good look.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!

Isn't Ontario GREAT!!!!:drinker:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Good Luck!!!

I have to say that I totally agree with you, I didn't have to fight, beg, fill out forms, it's all taken care of.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!

I have to say that I totally agree with you, I didn't have to fight, beg, fill out forms, it's all taken care of.

NICE!
    Good luck tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My you never cease to amaze me with your positve attitude!!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!

That is awesome!!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I'm super happy for you ! I have a question. I was watching the movie Sicko last night and was talking about it with my dh. I marvel how other countries can have universal health care. I don't think the USA could ever pull it off. My dh said he know's a man from Canada that comes to to the US for surgeries and pays for it himself rather than using Canada's free healthcare because in Canada they put a lot of patients in the same operating room and make you wait forever and mess up surgeries all the time. Now , I think that's a bunch of BS ! Can you tell me your experiences with the health care in your country? My dh and I seldom agree about anything polital. I would love to have a rebutal for him when he downs Canada. Cindy :heart:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Good luck and I'm super happy for you ! I have a question. I was watching the movie Sicko last night and was talking about it with my dh. I marvel how other countries can have universal health care. I don't think the USA could ever pull it off. My dh said he know's a man from Canada that comes to to the US for surgeries and pays for it himself rather than using Canada's free healthcare because in Canada they put a lot of patients in the same operating room and make you wait forever and mess up surgeries all the time. Now , I think that's a bunch of BS ! Can you tell me your experiences with the health care in your country? My dh and I seldom agree about anything polital. I would love to have a rebutal for him when he downs Canada. Cindy :heart:

wow...ok, ive never shared a hospital operating room with anyone, ever, that's just not allowed, in recovery rooms, however, there can be quite a few people in there. For example, with my injuries I was in ICU I was alone in this room, there were no other beds other then my own, now when they moved me to a "ward" there were 6 people that could be accomodated in that ward. The fun part, we have medical insurance through my hubby's job that allows us to have a private room, however most people have semi-private coverage, if you don't have extra insurance then you simply stay in the ward. My local hospital ER is relatively quick, on average 2-3 hour wait to be seen if it's non life threatening, although in populated areas like Toronto, i've heard of 8-12 hour wait times. People will go to the States for treatment that is not covered here, certain surgical procedures aren't done free of charge here, or they want to get let's say an MRI quicker then waiting here, some treatments are just esier and quicker to obtain in the States, in certain circumstances our health care will cover the expense of out of country procedures, lots of paperwork...being tha I have lots of kids, many health issues with some of them, i've never found the health care here to be inadequate and I have never been left to wait an unacceptable amount of time. I was hospitalized in the states when I was in a car accident last year, and I have to say that I noticed little difference between quality of care, doctors were the same, wait time was about the same, the diference was the hospital was very "pretty" roms very nicely decorated, here it's all white and stark. I almost felt like I was in someones guestroom, treatment however, is the same I would have received here. The biggest difference, the 32,000.00 bill that was issued to me, that my healthcare plan here in Ontario paid for in full.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    good luck tomorrow. You are beautiful in that picture!

Re: Health care in Canada. Excellent. No frills though. They do kick you out pretty quick after any surgery however. All paid for. For Meds, we have blue cross and we just submit our receipts for meds (I have lots because of a heart attack) and we are reimbursed about 80% of the cost.
  • maggieburden12
    Options
    good luck!!:bigsmile:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    so you must be out by now, well since you are in Canada you will be. So how did it go? How are you feeling?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good luck and God Bless!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Okay, it's Tuesday...How are you?
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Hey guys, well....i'm as sore as all hell, not too sure how it looks, i've got some serious staples around my hairline and my face is soooo swollen...i'm anxious to see how i'm gonna look, but right now i'd say scary is the word.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :cry: :wink: :happy: :happy: you will be beautiful as always! :flowerforyou: :love: thanks for the update! :drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!!

They couldn't do anything to make you look bad, you are too good of a person, no matter what your face looked like you would always be beautiful!!!! I'm sure you are going to be even more so now!! Look out world!!!!!

Congrats!

Memaw
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thank God you came out safely. You will look like you always do FABULOUS!!

Even better now that you had your face lift:wink:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Thanks Jeannie, I'm in soooo much pain right now, I can't even tell you, I don't know if I made the right choice. This is so bad...I can't move my head, i'm sick to my stomach, I just wanna sleep, and none of the drugs are working, i'm at my wits end!! :frown: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: