Standing at work

Options
Our work just got new desks where you can sit or stand, I've been standing for usually about 2 hours a day, is it okay to add these to my exercise diary?

Replies

• soloved1
    soloved1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would have to say "yes" because it is outside your ordinary daily activities that constitute BMR. Lisa
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I used to track my standing when I went back to work because it wasn't normal for me then but as I got more used to it I have stopped. So I would do that, track until you feel you are getting used to it.

If you do this more regular and for more time I would change your activity level to slightly active.. But if you are sedentary I would log it. :)
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been standing at my desk for 6 months now. I have two boxes that office chairs came in, two boxes that my water filters came in, one shoe box, and a lap top stand. My monitor sits on the set of boxes w/o the shoebox. :)

My boss just bought me a mat to stand on last week, and I think it's helping, but I can still tell when 4:00 comes around. Knees start aching. And it's even worse if I walk to work (every other day -- 2.5 miles one way).