Any vegetarians here?

Options
2»

Replies

• htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    vegetarian for 2 years. main consumption of dairy products are greek yogurt, labni, eggs, and fine cheeses. no milk.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would love to become a vegetarian but I am clueless on how to even begin. I love meat so much how can one get away from that craving for it? I'm assuming its like trying to quit smoking? If it is I'm in for a lot of trouble huh? I have lost weight so far but I'm not losing it as quickly as I hoped. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks

just watch earthlings and forks over knives...that should do it>>
  • KrimsonFury1
    KrimsonFury1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My partner is vegetarian so the majority of the meals I cook everyday are vegetarian... I still have meat in my diet but it's far less frequent than I used to. Feel free to add me as well.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here!

Same boat..."unhealthy" veggie...I lived off pizza and pasta! (still kinda do but I stay in my calorie goal)
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok since there are plenty of veggies here I have a question. Is there a difference between those who do it for healthy reasons and those who do it for cruelty reasons. I see many veggies that still eat stuff like cheese, parm cheese and cheese flavored products (example: Doritos, chips, Mac & Cheese) and some of the sweet stuff like candy, marshmallows, etc. Through trying to learn about vegetarain friendly products I learned that most of the named items are not vegetarain friendly so do ppl that become vegetarains for just healthy reasons still eat these things or is there a general gray area. I hope not to offend anyone I am just looking for advice from those that have been veggies for a while. I am not one and don't know any but my 16 yr old daughter just decided little over a month ago that this is what she wants to do b.c she don't agree with animal cruelity and I am trying to learn as much as I can to help her and be supportive of her. Trying to learn what she can eat since I do all the shopping. Thanks for any advice or info in advance.
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Vegan Body builder/power lifter here. I am also training for MMA. You can ask me anything, I am pretty open and flexible
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for help learning about all the nutrition you need as a veggie, grab the thrive diet by Brendan Brazier. That is a really awesome read, and it has great recipes.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 18 years, always with a focus on eating healthy. I am also grain-free and dairy free, with a few other allergies thrown in just for the fun of it. I've read millions (well, at least a hundred) vegetarian recipe books, plant-based diet books, etc. and have a good database of recipes.

Pam