DC METRO RACERS! Virginia Wine Country Half?

Options
Would anyone be interested in doing the Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon June 2? It's sold out for individuals but teams of 6 or more are allowed. It looks like the course will be absolutely beautiful.
This is the website: http://www.run4virginiawine.com/

Replies

• SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Im in !!! Can't wait!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    can you walk the half marathon? I am certain I cannot run it. But My husband nad I might be interested.
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will do it... can u send me a link to the info? just friend me and send it : )
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were talking about it but it's a pretty pricey half-marathon! Unless that $120 is per team and not per member. If you're in the NoVA area then we should be friends and should hit some of the...less expensive runs in the future! I'm trying to build myself up for some distance running :)
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will do it... can u send me a link to the info? just friend me and send it : )

Duh sorry I got all excited and missed the link ... Im checking it out now
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were talking about it but it's a pretty pricey half-marathon! Unless that $120 is per team and not per member. If you're in the NoVA area then we should be friends and should hit some of the...less expensive runs in the future! I'm trying to build myself up for some distance running :)

I think it's per person. Holy crap!! That's the fee for the now sold out "individual". YIKES!! Looks beautiful but definitely way too expensive.
  • michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That sounds cool! I'm definitely interested.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    fuhrmeister ~ There is a course time of 3hrs and 30 min which is a minimum pace of 16min/mile. Why do you say you couldn't run it? I know it's a but daunting but 5.5 months is plenty of time to train for a half even if you don't run at all.

FaugHorn~ It is rather expensive. It's $108/per person in the team. I would sign up as team captain and send out the team name to people that want to participate. If less than 6 people sign up before registration fills, everyone is moved to individual but has to pay $20 more.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm game!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'd love to but the $108 is a bit pricey...How long do I have to think about it?
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I'd love to but the $108 is a bit pricey...How long do I have to think about it?
    I have no clue. I can send you the team name and if you decide you want to do it, you can see if registration is still open.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I would but I think that is the same weekend as the Race for the Cure. If it isn't, I would be willing to run it.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I went ahead and formed a group. I named it "Runners for Wine" There are currently 27 spots available. There were 31 two hours ago.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Bump! We need one more person.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to run it, sorry.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested!
  • emcohen
    emcohen Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm in!
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    For those commenting on it being too expensive, I just signed up for one that's sooner (March 17) but it was only $35. It's in Pocahontas State Park which is beautiful. It's called the Instant Classic Marathon Trail Run. There is a full marathon and a half marathon.
  • AllDayMzAmberJ
    AllDayMzAmberJ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So, although I would LOVE to run this, I am also not sure I could train for a half by then. I am 4 months post partum and trying to fall into LIKE with running to get rid of this baby weight. But, I see that you all are in the DC Metro area as I Am - so Friend requests are coming to you all! :) I would like some friends for some of the shorter races I plan to start running. :)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I asked my boyfriend to sign me up for Xmas. I wanted to run it last year but was too out of shape. The website states that you have to be able to run a 12-minute mile (I think...) I'm mostly running it because I go to Va wineries a lot. If you're so inclined I"d love if you could visit my website: www.winecruisers.com

If anyone would like to come meet up at the after-party hit me up! :drinker: