i hate holidays

Options
mkoff32
mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
This past weekend absolutely killed and derailed me! Barbeque's and margarita's were everywhere! Anyone else splurge this weekend?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I didn't splurge this weekend, but boy, do I know what you mean! I can't seem to "be good" at get togethers or all you can eat buffets! I KNOW that I should eat in moderation and make good choices, but, instead, EVERY time, I cave and royally pig out! :laugh:
    I guess I just enjoy food too much! Course, thanks to MFP, I always get right back to "behaving" and getting lots and lots of exercise to help combat those times!
    Anyway though, don't feel bad! You enjoyed yourself, now just get right back on track and you'll be just fine! :smile:
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    It's really hard not to let go and splurge when everyone else is gorging. Yesterday I broke down and ate a huge hot fudge sunday! It gave me a major sugar rush then I crashed big time and felt like crap. Today we're going on a long hike along the river (hopefully that will make up for my naughtiness yesterday).
  • gummo
    gummo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Grill out today and I know I'm going to be bad lol. I don't think I will be recording anything and just get back on track tomorrow.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, i have definitely indulged this weekend and the scale reflected it this morning :grumble: ugh, desserts are my weakness and there have been so many of them.
    i worked out this morning and am going to try to be good today.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    holiday food=the devil
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Yup, same issue here. Just forget it and move on - there are more non-holidays than holidays..

If you can't live once in a while, you'd die of boredom.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - I HATE HOLIDAYS!!!! Why is it that I can be soooo good until I get together the the family and get around all that not so good for you food. I can resist temptation any other time, like when my co-workers bring in donuts or order Chinese food, but put me with the family at a barbecue and I lose any sense of willpower and good decisions. I got on the scale today and gained 5 pounds in one day. I know most of it is water weight, but boy that's a wake-up call. Also, other than drinking water, water, and more water today, anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of some of this water weight and bloatedness?
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi Hope,

Probably good to get a nice workout in. Will help you sweat off some of the water weight and start you off on the right foot again. If nothing else, it will give you some endorphins to help you feel better.

Go for it.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    I agree, Why does everything we do outside of work seem to revolve around food? Why so much food. AAARGH.
    Can't depr214981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Countingive yourself too much or it is all you want.
  • scplummer
    scplummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, I splurged.......and paid the price by gaining 3 pounds. I just don't see how that's possible but it happened and now I'm paying the price.

165415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - I HATE HOLIDAYS!!!! Why is it that I can be soooo good until I get together the the family and get around all that not so good for you food. I can resist temptation any other time, like when my co-workers bring in donuts or order Chinese food, but put me with the family at a barbecue and I lose any sense of willpower and good decisions. I got on the scale today and gained 5 pounds in one day. I know most of it is water weight, but boy that's a wake-up call. Also, other than drinking water, water, and more water today, anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of some of this water weight and bloatedness?

Hop in the pool - even if you don't actually "swim". There's something about the cool water that compresses your body and gets rid of a lot of water weight. It helped a ton while I was pregnant the first time. Ever noticed how you usually have to go to the bathroom right after swimming?
  • asweett
    asweett Posts: 1
    Options
    I know what you mean!! I skipped the logging what I ate on Saturday and Sunday but tried to get some running, biking, and walking in when I could. I am weak for BBQ food! :sad: