Hurting Feet!!

Options
I have started doing Biggest Loser Cardio Max and it KILLS my feet!! I've used my old sneakers, my new ones... doesn't matter... they hurt!! to the point where I feel like I really should stop..... any tips?

Replies

• heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    when I started running on treadmill mine hurt bad as well, I went and bought a good running pair of shoes and that helped. I had a pair of new ones but invested in a good pair of running ones and was told to only wear them to workout. I was wearing the other new ones to work also. hope this helps
  • rusnickering
    Options
    I had the same problem with footware. I found that buying a shoe with gel solved my problem. It provides extra cushioning.
    Craig
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    ahh, someone please tell me the best pair of shoes I can buy. I am 23 and have the feet of a 90 year old!!! :explode:
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    My magic shoes were Nike Peguses when I was training for the Army Ten Miler, otherwise, I like my Avon Curves running shoes (when I have not worn them to shreds!! I am hard on my shoes) for general running for fun. Your best bet... go into your local sports store, like ****'s or Sport's Authority, and go to the shoe section. Ask them to fit you for a good running shoe. They should measure your feet, check your arches to ensure you buy shoes with proper arch support, and help you select shoes with the right size toe box and all around fit.

My husband's biggest problem is he has extremely high arches, so high that if you look at his foot print, sometimes you see heel and ball of foot, but you don't see the side of this foot cause the arch is so high. In order to get a proper fit, he actually had to buy moldable inserts to fit them to his arch.

My problem is I don't like squished toes and women tend to have wide feet, so I have to be careful about getting the proper width and toe box size.

Also, make sure that when you get new shoes, you break them in before doing serious running, otherwise you will be in pain. And if possible, get two pairs of shoes, and alternate what days you wear each pair. That way each pair gets an entire day to air/dry out from all the sweat. And you should not wear training/running shoes for daily wear, they should only be used for training.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have started doing Biggest Loser Cardio Max and it KILLS my feet!! I've used my old sneakers, my new ones... doesn't matter... they hurt!! to the point where I feel like I really should stop..... any tips?

SEE A PODIATRIST! I work in sports medicine podiatry and seriously there are so many things that can be done for you! Orthotics, inserts, adjusted inserts to relieve pressure in a specific spot, shoe recommendations (not all shoes are good for all people's feet) etc. Good luck!
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    My magic shoes were Nike Peguses when I was training for the Army Ten Miler, otherwise, I like my Avon Curves running shoes (when I have not worn them to shreds!! I am hard on my shoes) for general running for fun. Your best bet... go into your local sports store, like ****'s or Sport's Authority, and go to the shoe section. Ask them to fit you for a good running shoe. They should measure your feet, check your arches to ensure you buy shoes with proper arch support, and help you select shoes with the right size toe box and all around fit.

AHHH, it "edited" out a STORE!! GEESH, this is why I HATE computer's deciding what is a "BAD" word!!

Ok, try this one... D. I. C. K. 's Sporting Goods!! That or Sport's Authority. Those are the two that I like to check out for general exercise equipment and had decent shoe selections when I went and knowledgeable sales staff.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

SEE A PODIATRIST! I work in sports medicine podiatry and seriously there are so many things that can be done for you! Orthotics, inserts, adjusted inserts to relieve pressure in a specific spot, shoe recommendations (not all shoes are good for all people's feet) etc. Good luck!

I have to agree! had plantar fasciatis last summer...horrible. didn't feel better until after I saw the doc and got some good advice and good orthotics. Most docs carry some inexpensive ones in their office or you can go all out and get some custom ones made. The inexpensive ones worked and were cheaper than the ones I was buying at shoe stores.

Also, after you have seen a doc they can inform you of your foot type and you can then shop for shoes with your type in mind. Most shoe sites now allow you to go on and input into about YOUR foot and seek out shoes in their brand that best fit your needs. I made a chart of about 10 brands and I carry it in my wallet so when I am shoe shopping I can pull it out and try several shoes on.