Not sure where to post this..

Options
Hello. My name is William and I started MFP not to long ago, probably around 4 months. I weigh 360 pounds and I'm trying to finally get this weight off. I'm 19 currently. I'm posting here because I'm curious around how much weight I can loose in a 6 month period. I'm following a strict 1500 calorie a day limit, with exercise 3 times a week on my treadmill. I have an upcoming wedding and I do not want to look the way I do now on the day I get married to my beautiful bride. Thanks and I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE (BMR + estimated daily activity) so that we can see what kind of deficit you are on.

BMR calculator is under tools section. Did you select sedentary/ lightly active/ active?
  • Bonniebigbutt
    Options
    I am not sure how much weight you can loose in 6 months butit is really important to be healthy and not starve yourself so that you can keep the weight off and continue even after your wedding. I'm sure no matter what your bride will think your handsome.Good Luck.
  • wdcarter3
    wdcarter3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE (BMR + estimated daily activity) so that we can see what kind of deficit you are on.

BMR calculator is under tools section. Did you select sedentary/ lightly active/ active?

It says my BMR is 2,670 a day. It didn't have a selection box for exercise.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

It says my BMR is 2,670 a day. It didn't have a selection box for exercise.

That's fine. Your TDEE should NOT include intentional exercise but instead how many calories it burns to wake up, put on clothes, eat, walk to your car, etc.

So... Your BMR is 2670 a day. This means if you were to lay in bed all day doing nothing it would take that many calories just to fuel your organs. I'm assuming you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle like work from home or at a desk, drive your car to work, etc. (this means during your day during NON-INTENTIONAL calorie burning)

Your TDEE would be your BMR 2670 X 1.2. =3204
    (we assume you burn atleast 20% of your BMR ontop of what it takes to fuel your body doing normal daily activities.)

Let me break this down for you with two options!!

Remember each pound of fat equals about 3,500 calories!

In my opinion you should be consuming around 2,204 calories a day to safely lose 2 pounds per week.
    3204 calories a day you burn with normal daily activities minus 1000 calories a day equals about 2 pounds of fat per week.
    With this option you would SAFELY lose weight and would be about 52 pounds lighter.

If you consume 1500 a day you would be at a deficit of 1704 calories per day. Or 3.4 pounds per week. This is considered dangeour weight loss that may be bad for your metabolism. You would be at a 88.4 pound loss.

Best of luck! Please do it the healthy way!
  • wdcarter3
    wdcarter3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you for all the detailed information. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Rainbowbow is soooo right. You simply must eat to loose, or you totally screw up your metabolism.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Go with what MFP recommends for your weight, age, sex, and height. It will work out better for you in the end. I was 310 and now 8 months later I am around 274. I did not exercise I just restricted my calories to whatever MFP recommended. I am now exercising, but for health not weight loss. If you lose too fast, when you stop eating 1500 cal and bump it up, you will gain weight twice as fast and all your hard work will go down the drain. This is the most common problem with crash diets like the one you say you are doing. You have to work your body down to 1500 cal, you can't start there and expect there to be no problems.

As always talk to a doctor before you start any diet and what is best for your body.