What are some good in home workouts?

Options
No dvds or anything.
Just some of your top in home workouts.
Any tips?

Also, do you prefer to workout in the morning or at night and why?

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    No dvds or anything.
    Just some of your top in home workouts.
    Any tips?

Also, do you prefer to workout in the morning or at night and why?

My tip would be to read, make a informed, realistic plan... and stick to it.
    My workout is a 5x5 routine with Squats, Bench Press and Barbell rows, alternating with Squats Overhead press, and Deadlifts... 3x a week.

I prefer to workout as soon as I come home from work.
    Reason is, I am a lazy guy in the morning.. i barely make it out the door for work on time. lol.
    but after work.... im pumped. im ready to DO SOMETHING.. but the evening is not quite here, everyone else is still going home from work at that time too...etc... so for that hour of downtime between when i get home and when i leave to do things, I work out. it doesnt even take an hour... if im really pumped for it, i can do it all in under 30mins... if im feeling sluggish, 45.

edit:
    also, whatever you choose, stick with it. make it a routine... and over a month or so that routine will become habit.
    you always make habits. doesnt matter if you realize it or not.. just try to make them good ones, and you're on your way to becoming a better you.
  • anthony_90
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try and find a routine that will fit perfectly for myself!
  • ToniSwejkowski
    Options
    I just got my plan started. & its working pretty well already. I've lost 6lb in the last week from eating right and doing my routine that I literally just made up for myself one day at work. I'm pretty amazed by it.

I start by stretching EVERY muscle!!

*50 jumping Jacks
    *10 pushups (if I can)
    *5 min Jog in Place (or outside)
    *25 Sit Ups
    *25 Crunches
    *5 min Jog in Place (or outside)
    *20 Lunges
    *20 Squats

Then I cool down with another Stretch.

I hope this Helps you :)

Also here's a couple tips for a good diet plan.

No Whole Wheats
    No Hyfructose corn syrup
    No hydrogenated oils
    No conola or vegetable oils
    No fake./immitated butter
    No processed foods
    No soy products and
    No artificial sweeteners.

Theyre all "Bad" fats. That just sit around and are really hard to burn off.

You can eat:
    sweet potatoes
    fruits
    vegetables
    steak
    "real" stick butter
    avacados
    fresh nuts
    coconut oil
    real eggs
    chicken
    Fish

They're all "good" fats that actually help your body burn the "bad" fat to make you leaner and healthier. The problem is the portion sizes you're comsuming. Cut your portions by 1/4 and work your way to 1/2 if you're eating a ridiculous amount. You always want to Eat as many calories as you can burn off. If you eat too little your body can go into "starvation mode" and try to "save" all the fat i your body so you can "last a longer period of time if you're not eating.

My name is Toni :) Feel free to ask anything :)
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Jump rope. They're cheap. Even the dollar stores have jump ropes with rotating handles.
    Inside, outside, on a balcony, at the local park. Music optional.