Hoping this helps! Need motivation!

Options
Have tried many times in the past to lose weight and get motivated for exercising! I do for a little while but usually fall apart and go back to old habits, hoping this will get me through to the finish line this time! I know it's "not a diet", it's a way of living......but need to wrap my head around that and stop the bad habits! helllllllp!

Replies

• freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    It really is a way of life and not a diet. It would be like washing your hair once or twice and then thinking you never had to do it again because you had cleaned it already. You can't just diet for a while and exercise for a bit and think you don't have to continue with the changes. It is a new lifestyle so you can have a new and longer life to live.

Good luck and stick with it:smile:
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with diet vs lifestyle for many years. I know have to make conscious decisions before each meal or snack. mayb soem day it will become habit . Hang in there.
  • roadtripfool
    Options
    It really is a way of life and not a diet. It would be like washing your hair once or twice and then thinking you never had to do it again because you had cleaned it already.

Wait...is that true? Man, that explains so much about my hair right now. <sigh>

Hey, you're here on the site! It's a HUGE step in the right direction! We're goin' to kick your butt into gear, so ya better be ready!!! Yup, one right choice after another. And when you DO make a bad food choice (oh, and you will!), you don't sit there in pity, you just wake up the next day and start again!

Glad to have ya!
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome Charlie - You know. . .they say when it hurts bad enough you make changes. Your here so it must be hurting enough to want to make a change. Welcome and best to you, were all in this for the long haul.:happy:
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    Have tried many times in the past to lose weight and get motivated for exercising! I do for a little while but usually fall apart and go back to old habits, hoping this will get me through to the finish line this time! I know it's "not a diet", it's a way of living......but need to wrap my head around that and stop the bad habits! helllllllp!
    Welcome to MFP(Bienvenido to MFP).I has tried many times to lose weight by diets, shakes, teas, pills, weight loss centers and even acupunture.Everything did make me lose 5-10 pounds which I gained double or triple when I stopped doing it. I began doing some exercises on January 2009 and My daughter in law told me about this site to keep up with the calories thing.Hey, I eat evrything but controlling only the calory intake;I make 5 to six small meals(when I don't forget..usually I eat up to three);I drink a lot of water(6-8 cups 8 oz water) and since I'm not the type to go the gym, I do the yard/lawn chores with a sauna suit everyday(I bought one of those hand mower-going GREEN) for one to one and half hours..and I'm losing weight and inches.I have to lose 70 lbs more.
    So I thought I can motivate you to stay here and make it work for you.
    We will be here to support you and not let you down.So keep it up and watch your pounds go away.
    Bad habits go once you compromise and stay on it. If any doubt or up to break it, just ask and we'll try to help you.
    So Good luck my friend...I'm here...:drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: