My first post & Dr. Phil

Options
Hi I've been using this site for a while but have never posted. I'm deciding to start talking because I was doing so well then kinda stopped pushing with my exercise and eating junk again. I need some motiviation!!! Alsoyesterday I have begun...again...the Dr. Phil rapid start diet. I did it many years ago with great results in the short 14 days. I've started and stopped many times over the years and this time I'm gonna do it till the end. Have any of you done the Dr. Phil rapid start and what did you think of it.....

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    is this the PINK method diet? I think there were some positive and negative comments about it, as well as he was pushing the 17 Day Diet...........

I did it the way this site was set up, ie., doing the checking in and logging cals and it worked for me.....

as far as Dr . Phil.............I used to watch a few of his shows, but its gotten more like Jerry Springer.........its all about the Hollywood money and glamour.......

Good luck on your choice and welcome..........Lloyd
  • Andrea1982
    Andrea1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of the pink one. This one is where you limit your carbs to breakfast only for 14 days and as well only eat off a certain list of foods...example is you can't have cream soup but you can have broth based. It's not hard its just depriving lol.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It takes a lot of trying different things before you find the right diet that fits.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel like day 1 of your diet should look like day 5,000. I don't like phases or things like that.

Day one is your new lifestyle and that is it. So find something you can see yourself being able to stick to long-term.
    Most see a diet as a quick fix, and that is why we yo-yo or start and stop all the time.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped many times over the years and this time I'm gonna do it till the end.

This is me as well with the stopping and starting and well having kids in between doesn't help either. But bottom line it is not making changes that I can maintain for the rest of my life that have led me to doing this over and over hence my user name. So if what you did in the past didn't work or wasn't something you could maintain is it something you want to do again?

I am not trying to tell you that you are wrong but it is part of my thought process in what am I going to do this time that is going to make it the last time that I need to lose the weight and keep it off for good!