Not eating enough

Options
For the life of me I can't figure out why I'm not losing weight. I increased my calorie intake from 1200 to 1450. Still no change. I then spoke with a personal trainer and recalculated how much calories I should be eating base on P90X and it came to 2568. It's a struggle for me to eat 1450 calories base on my workouts. I work out twice a day for 4 to 5 days per week. I was doing Insanity for 30 days and no change. Not 1 ounce of weight lost. Now I'm incorporating Insanity, Zumba with P90X for my morning workouts. And still do my after work workout to include cycling, elliptical, or swimming. I'm always hungry and sleepy. Has anyone had any success by increasing their calorie intake? I probably burn close to 800+ calories for the days I do my double workout. Oh yeah, on Saturday my eating is awful. I tend to overeat on Saturdays then on Sundays I go back to not eating enough. Just strange.

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Have you been logging your food regularly? If so, open up your diary for us to view and see if any of us see any red flags? My best advice is to keep at your workouts and eat healthy calories, but also have rest days where you stay at your 1400ish calorie intake.
  • standpipe
    standpipe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. Why are you INCREASING your calories? I'm only doing 1200 cal / day, with 5 days a week workout, 30 mins per session.