Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo...Memorial Day!

mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Happy Memorial day! Everyone have plans for the day?
We are going to DH's friends house late this afternoon, and will either go out to eat or they will bbq for us. So I need to get some exercise in today. I may also go get my hair cut.
DH felt my lower back this morning and said he feels a lump, maybe a disc out of place or just a swollen pinched nerve or something. :grumble: I can't really afford to go get it aligned so I will pray that it will come into alignment on its own. Do you all have any other suggestions I could try?
I guess that's it for now. You all have a good day!
MM

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    No, non-medical, ideas MM, sorry.

We are going to bike to the store and to yoga today. I will also clean the house - so no special plans. We had a great weekend though with little pressure to get everything done.

3 day weekend, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Happy Holiday Monday, south of the border folks.:wink: Our long weekend (Victoria Day) was last weekend. I'm still learning all the new holidays. One thing about Canadians is they love a long weekend. A couple of elections ago, one of our parties included "getting a holiday Monday in February" in their platform (up until then, there was no long weekend in February) they won, and now we have "Family Day". We also have one called "Bank Holiday" that I enjoy, because there's not even a Hallmark reason for it, it's just a holiday for the sake of closing the banks and taking a Monday off.

Today is another "play it by ear" session with my trainer. I really, really want to push it. . .but have to be careful. Once again, God is teaching me patience. I suck at patience.

Oh, MM sorry about the back. I don't have anything except medical suggestions. I sometimes have success cracking my own back by laying down and hugging my knees and sort of rocking back and forth on my spine. But, if that hurts don't do it!

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • Take my suggestions with a grain of salt, since I don't know exactly what is wrong with your back, but my back pain is usually relieved when I do the "Cat Back Arch". Get on all fours and arch your back up like a cat's, then relax and let your stomach hang down towards the floor. Another exercise... lay down on the floor and curl up into the fetal, arching your back out. Those were two exercises I was given when I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease after doing something similar to compressing the disc that helped a lot. Never actually had a lump or anything, but...
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
    Thanks alaskan! :smile:

I got my exercise in. 4 miles in an hour! Whoo-hoo! I know that doesn't sound like much for any of you, but I haven't walked that far in months and not that fast in a very long time. Maybe one day I'll be like CP. :tongue:
    MM
    Oh forgot to ask if any of you have tried kinesio tape? The OT has used it on Alex to help strengthen his back and stomach muscles. Just wondering.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Hello all! I have no idea what I'm going to be doing today - I'd like to spend more of it outside, but I got started with a computer project with my Dad yesterday, so may end up doing that instead. It's really nice today, sunny and a little cool. Maybe we'll play some more tennis or go on a walk or something. I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions for your back, MM - just be gentle with it, whatever you try. :flowerforyou:

I love me a three day weekend... maybe I should move to Canada! :wink:

Oh, MM - that is pretty fast for walking! I can only keep up a 4mph pace walking when I am pretty warmed up. Way to go! :drinker:
  • Thanks alaskan! :smile:

I got my exercise in. 4 miles in an hour! Whoo-hoo! I know that doesn't sound like much for any of you, but I haven't walked that far in months and not that fast in a very long time. Maybe one day I'll be like CP. :tongue:
    MM
    Oh forgot to ask if any of you have tried kinesio tape? The OT has used it on Alex to help strengthen his back and stomach muscles. Just wondering.

Nope, never heard of it, but I also didn't go to a therapist for my back (just my wrist and ankle), I just went to a general practice Navy doctor - thank god Great Lakes Naval Base was not too far from my Army unit, seeing as the local civilian doctor was a crackhead... jerk told me he was only willing to give me a "doctor's note" for the military getting me out of PT for A WEEK!! I was stationed in a civilian community so I couldn't see an Army doctor for routine stuff, so I had to drive all the way up to North Chicago to see a military doctor, the one I saw gave me a month profile for my back with instructions to go back for a follow up if I still had pain... I should have gone back, but I was stubborn and didn't want to take time away from work to go up, took me another three months before I felt good enough to start doing sit-ups and running again, but I am still feeling pain when I run, heck, right now I am feeling it when I walk. When I was running before I was discharged, my back pain would get so bad that halfway into a 2 mile run I couldn't feel my back anymore!! It was just too numb.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I just got back from my trainer. I successfully completed 60 full minutes of circuits.

Woot! I blame all the good food I've been eating lately. .. the re-dedication to the nutrition end of things is paying off big time.

:bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    Forgot to mention weird yoga thing I did on Saturday. Because my arms and legs were good and sweaty, I was able to jump back into Chaturanga from Crow.

I don't expect it to happen again any time soon.:wink:
This discussion has been closed.