How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• Jaidee1979
    Jaidee1979 Posts: 61 Member
    I weigh myself once a week on Sunday in the morning.
  • dadalt
    dadalt Posts: 1
    Daily - after I wake and again after morning workout. I see as much as a 1 1/2-2 lb daily change, but that way, if I see a trend over a couple of days, I pay attention.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    I was weighing myself everyday, but I stopped and went to once a week because I kept getting frustrated with the daily fluctuations.
  • i weigh everytime i use my wii fit but i only log the loss/gain on a friday...
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Every single morning. After I pee, before I drink or eat anything. Naked, yes, no clothes whatsoever. This gives you your true body weight. Only record it once or twice a week though and be careful not to get discouraged with the daily fluctuations. The up and downs on the scale can be caused by anything! Remember the overall goal, and as long as it continues to go down, you're golden. Weighing every single day really keeps you in better tune with your body.

Same as me...and agree wholeheartedly with your remarks too!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    i try not to weigh myself often. i used to be obsessed. but for me, it's not so much about the number but how i feel. i only really weigh when i go to the doc or when i feel like i've put on weight. :]
  • i try to weigh myself every morning before i eat anything..and i've lost about 3 or 4 pounds in the last two weeks so i'm really hoping this helps me keep my goal!!
  • About every other day. It becomes an obsession with me. The progress is extremely encouraging, but if i'm up, it depresses me.
  • bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Everyday first thing in the morning. I only update when It is a new low.

Good luck!
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Every single morning. After I pee, before I drink or eat anything. Naked, yes, no clothes whatsoever. This gives you your true body weight. Only record it once or twice a week though and be careful not to get discouraged with the daily fluctuations. The up and downs on the scale can be caused by anything! Remember the overall goal, and as long as it continues to go down, you're golden. Weighing every single day really keeps you in better tune with your body.

I weigh myself same as you!!! I try not to obsess over what the scale says, I take notice to how my clothes are fitting. Woman fluctuate some much with weight.
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    In the past I weighed myself everyday but that never worked out well. Despite logically knowing that weight fluctuates for a lot of reasons any kind of gain or stall would discourage me and lead to either extreme restriction, a binge and purge, or just emotional binging. It was just a very bad idea for me. I'm currently weighing myself every two weeks. It's really helping me this time around. :)
  • NayaP
    NayaP Posts: 46
    I've experimented with varying time periods (1ce a month, 1ce a week, 2ce a month, everyday, etc.). After all that experimenting, I think once a week is a good balance for me and helps me keep a healthy focus. I believe weightloss and physical transformation is not all about the scale though it is part of it.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    I weigh at least once a day (every morning before I get dressed) and sometimes at night before bed too (but I don't take much stock in this number at all). I find daily weigh in motivates me and keeps me on the right path every day. If I'm down or the same it makes me feel good and want to stick with what I'm doing. If I've gained I really buckle down that day and exercise harder and eat better. Either way it's win-win. But, it was affecting how I felt about myself for the day to record it every day on here. The loss days were fantastic but having to add a higher weight would kill me so I decided to have my "official" MFP weigh in every Friday morning. The other days I just smile to myself knowing I'll be down come Friday or give a sigh of relief that I don't have to record that gain and have a couple days to fix it before weigh in.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    my routine is ..get out of bed..go to the bathroom ..weigh myself .. it keeps me in tact so if i went up a lb or two i will watch myself that day big time to get that number back down.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    I'm should only weigh once a week, but I can't help it, I have to weight once a day, I'm becoming obsessed, and lately it's not been very kind, considering all the work I'm doing, which is making me nuts!!!! I'm gonna have to do a 12-step for the scale.
  • mkraemer91
    mkraemer91 Posts: 28 Member
    I think weighing yourself once a week is great. That's what I do! It's hard not to let the fluctuations bother you when weighing yourself daily. As for skipping after Christmas I don't think it's such a big deal. You're back on track, and the number on the scale next week will be pretty true. I always find that after holidays I gain about 5lbs water weight, but it comes right off as soon as I get back on track. Best of luck :)
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    EVERYDAY of my life! It gives me something to look forward to when I wake up.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Whenever I feel like it.
  • heartsoulshannon
    heartsoulshannon Posts: 59 Member
    I weigh everyday. It keeps me accountable :) It's easy to slack if you know you 'have five days until weigh-in day'. That being said, I normally only LOG my weight once a week in a fitness group I'm a part of.
  • every day, but only record losses. i do keep track of weight on the calendar so i can see my weight loss trends. it helps me not be upset with the up fluctuations of water weight :)
    i lost 30 last year, and have reset my ticker to make myself work harder.