How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Sundays. Gives me something to look forward to.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Strictly keeping to it, as I know otherwise I just bring myself down again
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, and I log it everytime there is a decrease in my weight. Makes me feel really good about what I have accomplished so far.
  • Mslinda44
    Options
    It has been my experience that weekly weigh-ins work. Based on what you ate and how much you worked out during the week you can determine what’s working and what’s not working.
  • AllyDarling
    Options
    I use to everyday. But, starting this now and actually getting into diet/fitness again I am thinking about the once a week thing. For me the more I weigh myself the more I get crazy about every little pound. Throughout the day your weight tends to shift regardless what you eat. Plus, I think it would be fulfilling to see the weight loss over week then a day or two.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself every day for a long time but I can see that my mood and motivation depends on what the scale says every day. Not sure it is the best to do this. Maybe if I know I am on track, I should only weigh in once a week. I am too nosey though so I am not sure I could keep that up ;). I am a little nervous to weigh in after the last Christmas lunch Saturday. Maybe once I get back on the "weigh in" wagon I will start the daily weigh ins again. I hope this site and the people on it can give me the motivation and support I need. I am so happy to have found it. Feel free to friend me if you need support too.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Every morning after using the bathroom with just bra and underwear on. I dont seem to fluctuate much doing this, so I can tell right away if something I am doing is causing me to gain weight.
  • wmartin8
    Options
    Every single morning. After I pee, before I drink or eat anything. Naked, yes, no clothes whatsoever. This gives you your true body weight. Only record it once or twice a week though and be careful not to get discouraged with the daily fluctuations. The up and downs on the scale can be caused by anything! Remember the overall goal, and as long as it continues to go down, you're golden. Weighing every single day really keeps you in better tune with your body.

Yep, I agree. I do exactly the same thing every single morning. Except I keep my boxers on. hehe
  • beverlyfox
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. Maybe it's a little obsessive but I feel like I need to know every single day.
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on the same day before I eat anything.
  • Tubasteve42
    Options
    I try to weigh myself everyday so I can stay accountable. I just keep in mind that I may go up or down in weight so I have to keep that in mind and not take daily weight too seriously.
  • 1Nifty50
    Options
    We weigh at work on Fridays, sort of "Biggest Loser", keeps us accountable an d we try to support each other.:smile:
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I also would like to add that I switched to kilos as I now live in Europe because I am not so emotionally attached to them as I am to pounds.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I try not to, but truthfully... almost every day. Always first thing in the morning, nude, after I've gone potty and before I eat or drink anything.
  • markbolch
    markbolch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My scale is in the middle of my kitchen floor and I’m so anal I weigh daily. When not weighing I have to step around it if I go to the refrigerator. I guess it’s a constant reminder. I live alone so it’s not in anyone else’s way. The only thing about weighing daily is you can’t get excited when you don’t see a change daily because normally you don’t or at least I don’t. My recorded weight is always first thing in the morning and I only record every week or so but I weigh multiple times daily. I can tell you what I weigh in the mornings naked (I know too much information) dressed, at the end of the day etc.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day, at the same time of day. I only enter my weight once a week on MFP though.

I found weekly weigh-ins to be disheartening because your weight can vary so much from day to day which you don't see with a weekly weigh-in, but with daily weigh-ins I can see the trend better without it affecting me :-) And equally at one point I got really obsessive about weighing and did it every time I went into the bathroom, and I would eat and exercise according to my weight at that point which was obviously really stupid so I eventually weaned myself off that one!
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    I weight everyday, mostly because I am sort of neurotic like that. But I do not let it affect my day. I know there are fluctuations. I deal with it. I just like to KNOW. I typically record my weight once a week (or so).
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Once a week...on Sunday mornings!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Most of the time.

I have found it very eye opening as to how things from the day before effect my weight. No surprises.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Once a week. But in the past, when I lost more successfully (before I gained it all back again hah ) I weighed-in less often when I hit a plateau. A plateau can take 5 or 6 frustrating weeks to shake off, so I would stop weighing-in as soon as I realised I was in one. It helped me to not get discouraged.