Running NSV

Options
I'm currently training for a marathon this April. I've done 2 a few years before but have never kept up on my running very much...today I ran 9 miles in 1 hour and 41 minutes! My goal was 1 hour and 45 min.

First and foremost, I'm just glad I finished feeling amazing and not like death haha

Major eye-opener for me! If I can do 9 miles feeling that great, adding a few miles on to my long runs and keeping up with my training schedule will be simple :glasses:

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!
    Keep up the good work and rock the 26.2!!
  • jedinight32
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I honestly can't even imagine running to the corner to catch the bus so I think you're pretty amazing!!
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    Thank you!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    DAMN GIRLLLLL! that's awesome. best wishes with your training. i need to get on YOUR level!
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Nice! I wish I could run 50' without my shins feeling like they are going to break. Good job by you. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm training for my first marathon on March 4, just ran my first half on Dec. 10. Good luck with your training and congrats!
  • beki18
    beki18 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thats awesome! i am going to attempt my 2nd marathon in July this year, i hurt my calf in the last km of my first and so this year train a little smarter taking my long run to about 35km to 38km about 4weeks out from race day. and i also have the goal to go under 4hrs! i love the way finishing wither the 21km or the 42km makes you feell there is no other high!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing :) great job!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Great job! Its so awesome when we out do what we set for goals. Good job running that 9miler under your goal time and good luck training for the 26.2!!!!
  • lymasc
    lymasc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    as a new MFP member , can someone please tell me what NSV is?
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's amazing how far a bowl of oatmeal will take ya :wink: I think it was the perfect fuel

NSV = Non-scale Victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!