Replies

• jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I weigh 1 a week
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I usually try to weigh in on Friday mornings, nearly naked, after first elimination and before drinking coffee. I was a member on MFP about two years ago (recently came back) and this was on a topic I had read then. This was the consensus then; before the weekend and before any food and /or drink to get an accurate weight. :flowerforyou:
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I do it every day, and record it once a week. It doesn't bother me that it fluctuates a lot, and if I weigh in and it's obnoxiously off where i consider my "true" weight, I'll wait day to put it in there.

If fluctuations drive you nuts, do it weekly :D
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I do it every day, and record it once a week. It doesn't bother me that it fluctuates a lot, and if I weigh in and it's obnoxiously off where i consider my "true" weight, I'll wait day to put it in there.

If fluctuations drive you nuts, do it weekly :D

Also, I do it mondays to punish myself for "bad" weekends ;)
  • smithlo66
    smithlo66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Tuesday mornings. Mondays are hard enough as it is!
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on the once a week train! same day every week--and I do it later in the week since my diet seems to be a little more loose on the weekends--this gives me a more accurate reflection of what things are really like!
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every day. It keeps me in check.
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    I was weighing myself obsessively throughout the week, so I took the scale out of the apartment. I can now weigh once a week when I go visit my mom and that's it lol
  • lds31916
    Options
    I know you are supposed to do it once a week, but I do it every morning after I use the bathroom, the same time everyday
  • AZDee
    AZDee Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily, when I wake up....
  • Mslinda44
    Mslinda44 Posts: 4
    Options
    weekly weigh-ins work for me. They help me stay on track.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day but I only record once a week, which is every Tuesday. I want to start a new approach where I only weigh in twice a month. Every other tuesday to see significant results.

Twice a month sounds like a good approach but I think I would be too tempted to weigh myself more often. I want instant rewards to counting calories :P
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day just to see it, but I only "record" once a week on sundays and I also take my measurements every sunday as well, because when I don't see movement on the scale, I almost always see inches lost so it helps to not get me discouraged if the scale is not moving.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Daily for me. I like to use it as a reminder to myself of my goals to lose weight and be more healthy. I record it weekly on Saturday morning. I don't get discouraged if it bumps up slightly, but grin when it drops nicely.
  • LoseThisGut2012
    Options
    Once a month! I tried the every week thing and would be disappointed if no changes for good happened.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Wednesday and Friday. I tend to eat much less on the days I weigh (I always feel a let down just looking at a scale) and I'm a recovered anorexic so I'm not chancing the everyday thing.

I always weigh in right after my workout, too, never at home. Way easier to get down on myself at home and I'm not going to let that happen...
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    I weigh once a week (on a Monday morning of all days!) and take measurements on Thursday evenings.
    That's 2 potential feel good days a week :-)
  • simplycee
    simplycee Posts: 29
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning but I only record what the Weight Watchers scale says when I go weekly for my meeting. I don't obsess over fluctuations but the morning weigh in keeps me honest with myself and I am determined not to go back to my pre weight loss weight.