I want a turkey leg!!!

Options
Okay, can someone help me out here. I am making some roasted turkey legs for dinner tonight and trying to figure out exactly how many calories are in each one. The database has a 700+ discrepancy. CalorieKing says 417, but I am also seeing 1100! Each of the legs are about 14oz each with bone and skin. So if I roast mine with east it with no skin, the what? Thanks everyone. I really want to eat this tonight. =)

Replies

• Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Best way would be to pull the meat off the leg and then weigh that meat. That would be the most accurate way to figure your calories.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If you roast them, they lose all their calories. They are a NEGATIVE calorie food... :devil:
    Seriously, I love roasted or smoked turkey legs....not sure about the exact calorie count. I have not had one since the state fair back in Oct.....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you want to be accurate pull the meat off and measure, then look that amount up. Otherwise, just eyeball it. My guess would be that the average turkey leg is going to yeild 1.5 - 2 cups of meat.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Maybe take a calorie count of the actual amount of meat consumed rather than the whole leg.

BTW Save the bone and throw that in a pot of beans or blackeyed peas and invite me over!!

I want a turkey leg too!!
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    i measure how much meat and log it as dark meat turkey
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    haha...that is a really good idea. Thanks everyone! I have been hankering for this!
  • mavsgurl30
    Options
    I love turkey legs!!! i always get one when i go to the fair lol
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    this thread made me go to the store and get a turkey leg! lol, mine is in the oven right now.