bungee jump fail

Options
engineman312
engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
f29e76c3-5f2e-4d7c-a81c-c47e07707ca0.gif

Erin Langworthy, a 22-year-old Australian on vacation in Africa, plunged into crocodile-infested waters when her bungee cord snapped. Miraculously, she was able to swim to shore and only spent a week in the hospital with a fractured collar bone and cuts and bruises.

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Holy shiznit! I bet THAT was scary as hell.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    OUCH!!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I saw that news article! Crazy! She's very lucky to walk away...

I'm still going to do it.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    And THIS is why I have no desire to bungee jump. Can you imagine what she was thinking?
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this was the case here or not, so I won't assume it was... More women than men are injured or killed every year in bungee jumping 'fails'...because they lie about their weight!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    As George Carlin said, CHARGE HER DOUBLE! Once for goin' down, and again for goin' the rest of the way down! She got twice the excitement, she should pay twice the price! :laugh:

Good to know she wasn't seriously hurt.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    And THIS is why I have no desire to bungee jump. Can you imagine what she was thinking?
    Probably not much more than "ahhhh!".
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Pfft... I could do that.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    and she survived! what a champ
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

yeah but that chick was drunk in public therefore STUPID and its her own FAULT.
    This bungee girl was innocent and presumably followed instructions and was the victim of faulty equipment.
    I don't feel sorry for the drunk girl. She is to blame.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options

^ Yeah that...
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    I love how no one really does anything for a while...or at least it seems like it. How can you NOT be freaking out after seeing that happen to your friend??

I sure wouldn't want to be the next one in line!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

This bungee girl was innocent and presumably followed instructions and was the victim of faulty equipment.

Agreed.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I will never ever bungee jump for that reason right there!

I will, however, jump out of an airplane and hope the parachute opens up..
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this was the case here or not, so I won't assume it was... More women than men are injured or killed every year in bungee jumping 'fails'...because they lie about their weight!
    [/quote

Interesting. If I was running a bungee jump operation I'd buy a good scale to avoid lawsuits. The rope looked kinda frayed to me.
    One more reason to never go bungee jumping. Not a good enough cause to risk my life.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

"STUPID" is a strong word. Even smart people make poor decisions sometimes.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love how no one really does anything for a while...or at least it seems like it. How can you NOT be freaking out after seeing that happen to your friend??

I sure wouldn't want to be the next one in line!

:laugh: :laugh: The friend she had with her who was going to go next and saw that..."Oh **** no!!!!"
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Agreed.

Are you kidding me? :L
    Most people are drunk in public at some point in the week and I've never seen anyone fall under a train before, it was a freak accident.
    Though yes it was a little more her fault than the bungee jump girl, saying that you don't feel sorry for her and it's her own dumb *kitten* fault is pretty harsh.

Imagine that, you've had a bit to drink, then you fall, you're underneath the train hurt and confused, and you know it's going to slowly take off at any minute, and you know you're about to die. But no, no sympathy, stupid tart, it's yer own fault.
    Luckily she escaped too, but yeesh don't be so damn judgmental, or are you inciting that anything bad that happens to you in public when drunk is your own fault and you completely deserve it?
    Trip over and break a leg? drunk deserve it. Get hit by a car? drunk deserve it. Raped? drunk deserve it. Fall under a train and nearly die? Drunk, you totally deserve it for daring to drink a little too much and make a mistake.
  • elusivezero
    elusivezero Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and not long ago 11 people here in New Zealand died in a hot air balloon crash. It makes me feel like I don't really want to go and have any wild adventures. I wanted to go white water rafting this summer, and I might give it a miss! D: