Back on the wagon...looking for new/more friends!

Options
Hi!!

My name is Shannon. I was diagnosed with PCOS around July/August of 2010, so fairly recently.....my doctor told me to lose weight as my first "treatment" for the disease and is basically refusing to do anything further........I am having the hardest time keeping positive and keeping on track......I'm looking for some new friends to add to my support group who are familiar with the disease and that would like to be mutual supporters!

Thanks a lot everyone!!

Shannon

Replies

• bghere
    bghere Posts: 42
    Options
    :smile: Hi Shannon, have you set an initial goal for yourself as far as what to lose, and a completion date? And Welcom too
  • Myhighway2
    Options
    Hello what is PCOS, your going to be great!
  • vballscriscuolo
    vballscriscuolo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PCOS is polycystic ovarian syndrome......basically it is a disease that causes fertility issues, possible insulin resistance, and a whole mess of other side effects....it's quite debilitating actually......my doctor will not do anything else for me regardless of my symptoms.......weight gain, depression, lack of energy, missing "cycles", acne, tiredness, all kinds of stuff.......She says that I have to try for a year to lose weight before she will do anything......my husband and I have been trying to have a baby since June 2010 and it is basically impossible with this condition unless I am put on medicine to help it....and it can be quite depressing at times. This website is one fot he few things that has kept me on track and upbeat!!