Post your QUICK go to recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I make foil packets of chicken & veggys. Spray a large piece of foil with Pam, place flattened boneless skinless chicken breast on it sprinkle with spices add veggys-fresh, frozen, canned it doesn't matter. Close up bake on cookie sheet at 350* for 30 to 60 minutes depepnding on size & thickness of chicken.
    I do several of these on Sunday evening & have for the week, just pop in microwave for 2 minutes.
    I make them all different.... My favorite is chicken bacon (turkey bacon bits) ranch (powder or liquid dressing) with broccoli. Super yummy & little or no carbs & no cleanup.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i love fast meals, and i usually just mix a bunch of stuff together. so if you are someone who doesnt like your food touching, my food isnt for you!

last night i made: Spicy Turkey and Rice

1 pouch uncle bens whole grain medley roasted garlic
    1/2 white onion diced
    1 can black beans
    1 can diced tomato with green chilies
    20 oz extra lean ground turkey

brown turkey with diced onion, season (i used cumin, red pepper flake, S&P), add the rest in and heat up... enjoy!

4 Servings: 374 calories/ 45 carbs/ 4 fat/ 43 protein

very filling and spicy!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Actually just made this for the first time yesterday, but I know it will be on my go to list!

Spinach, Butternut Squash & Tortellini Soup (an adaptation of a recipe from a recent email from Prevention Magazine)

4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
    2 cups Water
    1 - 14oz. bag frozen tortellini
    1 - 16oz. bag frozen leaf spinach
    1/2 16oz. bag frozen diced butternut squash
    salt & pepper to taste
    shredded parmesan cheese

Boil the broth & water, add tortellini. When tortellini begin to float, add the spinach & the butternut squash. Add salt & pepper. Allow to simmer until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. This makes 4 large meal sized servings at 290 calories each!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Veggie stir fry
    Soup
    Chili
    Curry
    Salads
    Taco salad
    Baked potato
    Fruits and veggies out of hand

Recipes? Usually I just make it up as I go!

Pam
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato in the microwave, throw on some salsa...BAM....dinner! LOL
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Good stuff- Thanks for dinner idea even my vegan will eat!:flowerforyou:
  • cashqueen33
    cashqueen33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For you people with a sweet tooth!

UPSIDE-DOWN CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE

1 Jell-O Sugar free Chocolate Pudding Snack
    1 sheet (4 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed
    2 TBSP Cool Whip Free

Line the bottom of small dish with whipped topping. Evenly spoon pudding on top. Cover with crushed graham cracker crumbs. Voila!

Makes 1 serving (135 calories, 2.5g fat, 280 mg sodium, 30g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 3g protein)
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    Tomato and chickpea stew - done in ten minutes, delicious!

Chop an onion and fry in a tiny bit of oil until soft (or leave the onion out altogether - doesn't matter!). Add a tin of tomatoes, drain and rinse a tin of chickpeas and add that too. Then you add whatever veges you've got floating around, or chorizo, or both (or neither). Season, and I always put in loads of chilli. You can add whever herbs or spices you have or fancy - it's very forgiving. Feeds two.

Have on its own, or with rice. Particularly good with a little bit of plain yoghurt on top (especially if you've gone a bit overboard with the chilli. I almost always do.)

I have no idea how many calories are in it, but surely it can't be bad!

Edited for typo.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • emilymarie0906
    Options
    bump
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    For you people with a sweet tooth!

UPSIDE-DOWN CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE

1 Jell-O Sugar free Chocolate Pudding Snack
    1 sheet (4 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers, crushed
    2 TBSP Cool Whip Free

Line the bottom of small dish with whipped topping. Evenly spoon pudding on top. Cover with crushed graham cracker crumbs. Voila!

Makes 1 serving (135 calories, 2.5g fat, 280 mg sodium, 30g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 3g protein)

OMG that sounds sooo good and soo easy, and most of all you wont ruin your whole daily diet! :)