Weight Watchers Meetings?

Options
Do any of you do weight watchers in-person meetings?

I've done WW online before, but I prefer MFP (and MFP is free). But my health insurance would cover in-person WW meetings, and I'm wondering if there would be some benefit to the weekly meetings and weigh-ins. I'm interested in your experiences and anecdotes.

Replies

• bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did prior to joining MFP. I've had much better results here.
  • CrazyLazyStylist
    CrazyLazyStylist Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did meetings, never really helped me. You have to find someone you REALLY like as a leader. Even then, didnt help, just made me feel like poo when I didnt do well.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have not done WW but have had many friends that have done it and lost weight but you need to keep attending to keep loosing weight or maintain. This site is great cause you can get that reassurance and suport you need and there is no fee involved.
  • contrarymary7504
    contrarymary7504 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I quit Weight Watchers last week. I've attended for several years and lost weight until they introduced the new points plus program last year. The Points Plus plan is too complicated and spending all that time calculating a point when calories, etc are provided on every food is meaningless (to me anyway!).

I've began using MFP late last year while attending WW. I continued to attend WW because I liked the camaraderie. I'm looking for a different support group now...perhaps TOPS?

Haven't quite gotten into the hang of support via internet. Any suggestions?
  • smunchkin2000
    smunchkin2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone saying that you have to keep going to the meetings and it has a lot to do with the leaders. If you can find a meeting that is convenient for you and you know you will not miss the meetings i say go for it if your insurance will cover it.

If you can find a leader that you really click with it helps a lot.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Quote from earlier post: I've began using MFP late last year while attending WW. I continued to attend WW because I liked the camaraderie. I'm looking for a different support group now...perhaps TOPS?

Haven't quite gotten into the hang of support via internet. Any suggestions?

I started adding friends and it made such a HUGE difference. It's like going to your meeting with your friends, you get a lot of support, motivation, and idea's from your friends. Join a support group, try a bunch out until you find the one that works for you. Again, you become friends with the people in your group and the creator is your "leader".

I've was a WW member for 10 years (on again/off again) the leader makes the difference for me. I made goal and then my leader quit, and so did i :cry: Now I'm stuck with 1/2 my weight back, but feel with MFP I can be successful. It's a great site!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want support!
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did WW for about 3 years, got down a lot, but never to goal weight - then hit a plateau for ages,and lost heart, and gradually weight came back again. Tried again twice but only went for a couple of meetings and dropped out. I think there are more people out there on MFP, and by joining a group, you increase your chances of finding someone you can gel with, even tho' its only online. And after only 12 days, I have a number of 'friends' who applaud what I have done so far. The calculations are done for you - especially now I've discovered you can log in your standard meals. And, best of all, it's free! Presumably there's nothing to stop people who live nearby from meeting up now and then in person!