It's not baby fat it's fat, baby

Options
JacPo
JacPo Posts: 14 Member
Hello everyone, I'm new here and have finally decided to call a spade a spade and a weightloss plan a diet. About 10 years ago I began a regiment of anti-depressants and anxiety pills and went from a size 8 to a 16. At my heaviest I was 217lbs at 5'9. The moment the doctor gave me those 3 number I started on what I considered the "1/2 plan". On this plan I ate what I wanted but only ate half of it. I would eat 1/2 a sandwich for lunch and eat the other half for dinner. The same with cake which I LOVE more than a few relatives I have. A month later I went to the doc and he told me I'd dropped 21lbs. Well, that was several years ago and the "1/2 plan" didn't last long. Over the last few years I've teetered up and down 10lbs at the 195lb average. This keeps me in a size 16 and I am often closer to a 14.

In the last few months I've noticed myself in pictures looking like a distorted version of my sister. I have a lot of face (if that make sense). A month ago I threw a baby shower for a co-worker and standing next to her in the pics I looked a few months less pregnant than the mom to be. This was my breaking point and I have since decided to do something about it. I had tuna, from the can, without mayo for the first time and it broke my heart. I began looming to busy my hands when I would normally prefer to be snacking.

I love the taste of food and my exercise is down to a slow crawl lately. Today I run up and down the stairs to my home 8 times... I have 2 more times to go so that i wouldn't be a liar in my journal. Today Ii ate 1/2 of a burrito bown from Chipotle. This has got to be one of my favorite foods to eat now and 1/2 is just not enough. The other half I ate for dinner. That other half is always the best part! I also stop the eating and snacking 70 minutes before bed. Why is it so much easier to put weight on than it is to lose it?

I don't wish to offend anyone because I am aware that this does not qualify me as obese. I like being a fuller figure girl but I'd like my clothes to fit better and I'd like to smile for a picture again. The last time I stepped on any type of scale I weighed in at 211. I'm not sure how true this weird scale was but it seemed true enough to me. In a fantasy world I would lose 30lbs but I would love to weigh in at 190 eventually.

It's nice to meet you guys and hopefully we can support one another through this journey.

Jac-

Replies

• rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same size..you can add me if you want. I started depression and anxiety pills 4 months ago and gained 20lbs in the blink of the eye. They say that you are supposed to lose weight on these pills. I feel like sleeping all the time and am not as active as I usually am. How did you go off the pills? I've heard you can get a SSRI disorder?
  • JacPo
    JacPo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I sure will add you. Thanks.

they suggest that you see a doctor before getting off but I weened myself off of Effexor XR years ago. Now that my depression is seasonal I've had to make the choice of whether or not to go back or not. The side effects were more than I ever wanted to experience again. Last year I felt the need to return to the pills but I had a lot of research to do. I am now on a really low dosage of Zoloft and it seems to be working out fine for me.