Tools for Keeping Up with Your Recipes!

Options
tproctor
tproctor Posts: 90 Member
I want to share two awesome FREE tools with all of you that you can use for keeping up with your recipes.

The first is Evernote www.evernote.com. This is nothing short of an AWESOME tool! See a recipe you like in a book? Take a pic of it with your phone and upload it to Evernote. Found an awesome recipe on the web? Use the "clipper" to drop it into your Evernote account! It will be automatically scanned for keywords and indexed for you! Want fish for dinner? Just search for FISH and Evernote will present you with every note you have ever stored with the word FISH in it. It is awesome, it is free, you have GOT to get it!!!

The other super awesome tool you MUST have is Dropbox. Move your files effortlessly between your PC, MAC, Phone, Tablet and share those files with others. All FREE. To get your free account, just copy this link into your browser: http://db.tt/shAbmRe

DISCLAIMER: I am not associated with these companies and make no money off of my referring you. These are just AWESOME apps that have proven themselves to be of great value to me and I want to share them with you! Enjoy!!!

Replies

• maryloo2011
    Options
    I truly share your enthusiasm, I have stacks of notebooks each of food/recipes, health/fitness... And then notebooks with notes (recipes and articles) clipped into each category/notebook.

Evernote is the best tool ever, I'm addicted.
  • muskiemama
    Options
    bump
  • kickproof
    kickproof Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Onetsp.com
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good advice, I also love Springpad for my recipes. It can analyse recipe pages, pull out the right info and put it in the right order and file it for you! I use it with www.bbc.co.uk/food. I also see that Springpad has a coupon finder if you're in the US - I think it analyses the text of your chosen recipe and searches for related deals in the shops. Hope they bring that to the UK! And their support on Twitter is great I found when I was having problems with the plugin on my browser.

Again -I'm not at all affiliated with these guys at all, they're just brilliant.
  • tjstieren
    tjstieren Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • bergenm
    Options
    I've just started using onetsp.com and I really like it. The shopping list feature is very useful, and best of all I can get to it from my smartphone and/or chromebook. It also prints really nicely, as I like to use a printout in the kitchen (water, knives, and heat are all bad for electronics, after all).

The only things I wish it did, and I will request this of the author, are:
    1. Integration with MFP. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to import recipes directly into MFP for nutrition info? :)
    2. Shopping list aggregation. If I have an ingredient in 2 or more recipes that I've put on my shopping list, it lists them separately. I'd like to see how much rice I need in total, for example, instead of having listed as 1 cup at the top of the list, and 3/4 cup halfway through.

Do any of the other apps/sites mentioned here work on mobile, print nicely, and have a good shopping list? I have no vested interest in onetsp.com, I just stumbled across it over the weekend and started to use it. I'm certainly open to other tools.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump