Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet

Options

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    So you'll be giving up drinking, smoking and food all at once?
    Closely followed by that other nasty habit, breathing. :bigsmile:

Do report back in a few weeks and let us know how this diet worked out for you...
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    [Quote0
    "I had gall bladder problems around 2 years ago, the doctors were pretty sure i would need keyhole surgery to have it removed, i was in agony everytime i ate, one of the nurse practitioners told me to go on a very strict diet, plenty of fruit and veg, basically cut out all processed foods and keep everything fresh and keep fat down to a minimum and drink plenty of water, it was very hard as you'll know that anything with any fat in results in you being in agony for hours after eating it, it took a lot to learn what foods and drinks were low in fat but by the time i got round to my ultrasound scan (8weeks after the problems started) they said my gall bladder wasn't blocked or inflamed and that down to the healthy eating i had reversed any problems i had, i also lost about half a stone. So i agree with everyone else on here that says healthy eating and plenty of water is the best form of detox!"
    [/quote]

I too had gallbladder problems... I was successful in resolving the pains, with HEALTHY eating. Dr. recommended switching to all natural, organic , RAW fruits and veggies. with LOTS of water. She suggested adding lemon to the water. Nothing processed or with sugar added. I followed this for a week or so. Then clear liquids and broth for 12 hrs and a 1/2 cup E.V.Olive Oil and small amount of salt and lemon at bed time. (was told this would help the gallbadder to relax & expel any remaining sludge/stones). I had no "cleansing" effects. ate lighter foods the following day... NO Gallbladder flare ups since. I have not continued the strict raw, organic fruits & veggies diet, but I feel that it helped remove the processed food gunk and was good for me. I felt fine during that time and GREAT afterwards. Again... other than the 1/2 cup mix on one night, the rest was pretty healthy diet... I didn't stick to it because I need more protein for my busy lifestyle. Good luck - feel better soon
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I don't get why you would want to. You don't just drink the lemonade mixture. You drink senna tea at night (laxative) then drink a quart of salt water in the morning to "flush" out all the bad stuff.

AKA the screaming poops.

Every day of it.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    eh, you're probably better off juicing yourself or just practicing some clean eating. I have no personal experience nor will I ever because being that hungry for that long sounds really miserable.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't get why you would want to. You don't just drink the lemonade mixture. You drink senna tea at night (laxative) then drink a quart of salt water in the morning to "flush" out all the bad stuff.

AKA the screaming poops.

Every day of it.

I could never drink a quart of salt water. That sounds absolutely awful.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    eh, you're probably better off juicing yourself...
    Is that like liposuction, or...?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

AKA the screaming poops.

Every day of it.

I could never drink a quart of salt water. That sounds absolutely awful.

Can't be cold, and you have to basically chug it. I would rather just eat normally and not do that right? xD heh
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Juicing yourself might make your palms hairy.
  • sunNsurf
    sunNsurf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did this for 10 days and I lost weight and did not gain it back. I slowly added in food and did not eat starch for awhile. I liked it a lot. However many months later I ate crap and I have gained back 5 pounds..BUT if you are very strict with your diet after the cleanse like I was you will not gain back much weight. My best advice is to diet very very strict the week before the cleanse and the week after. Also, if you normally drink caffeine you will have many headaches the first couple of days so drink a LOT of water! The salt water flush in the morning is also important. I really liked it. The laxative tea doesnt taste good and I only drank it for 5 nights but it definitely helps clean out your system..

good luck :)

caroline
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Juicing yourself might make your palms hairy.

And you'll go blind!
  • dsconradi
    Options
    I have just finished it myself for the 4th time. Its a good jump start on the body when your starting a healthy eating routine. I initially did it because I was feeling a little slumped and heard it was a self esteem booster, which it was! I enjoy it and have never put the weight back on afterwards because I would continue to eat right. Most people fail the 1st or 2nd time they try it so don't let it discourage you if you do. I recommend doing it for the right reasons and not just a quick fix.
  • coachkathrynw
    coachkathrynw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I heard it wasn't too healthy. I've done a Shakeology cleanse -- all natural shake plus food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I did this for 10 days and I lost weight and did not gain it back. I slowly added in food and did not eat starch for awhile. I liked it a lot. However many months later I ate crap and I have gained back 5 pounds..BUT if you are very strict with your diet after the cleanse like I was you will not gain back much weight. My best advice is to diet very very strict the week before the cleanse and the week after. Also, if you normally drink caffeine you will have many headaches the first couple of days so drink a LOT of water! The salt water flush in the morning is also important. I really liked it. The laxative tea doesnt taste good and I only drank it for 5 nights but it definitely helps clean out your system..

caroline
    You may have felt better, but there is no scientific evidence to prove cleanses "clean" out your body. The body has the means to clean itself out. The "placebo" effect works well here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • killagb
    Options

caroline

In other words, don't try it unless you want to torture yourself.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I do it once a year or so as a cleanse, it's not a diet. if you don't change what you eat normally something like this does no good. but ya I loose weight doing it but that is not the reason I do it because the weight always comes back unless you regular diet changes. not to be used a fad diet.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    It's actually a good cleanse that was created by a Dr. You get some good results but if you don't eat better after you cleanse you'll gain it all back. I used it 3 yrs ago to get me started on my new lifestyle and I've lost close to 100 lbs of body fat. Just keep in mind that it's not a DIET...it's a cleanse.
  • cakeyface
    Options
    I tried it for a few days and hated it. I felt awful and hated not physically chewing any food. Like everyone said, weight comes back on (plus a few extra lbs) straight away once you stop.
  • killagb
    Options
    It's actually a good cleanse that was created by a Dr. You get some good results but if you don't eat better after you cleanse you'll gain it all back. I used it 3 yrs ago to get me started on my new lifestyle and I've lost close to 100 lbs of body fat. Just keep in mind that it's not a DIET...it's a cleanse.
    Also keep in mind that it had basically nothing to do with your weight loss.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You have these things in your body called organs, specifically the liver, that naturally "cleanse" toxins from your body. You don't need to do anything special to cleanse. Stop putting so much crap in your body and it won't have to work as hard to "cleanse" which will in turn make you feel a heck of a lot better.

There is no "easy" way to get healthy, it's hard work. Cleanses and crash diets never teach you healthy habits. Do you really want to be constantly cleansing your body?