Slim Quck, Hydroxy Cut, other diet pills...

Options
Do any of you use any type of diet pill to help you to lose weight? Just curious. I tried Slim Quick...I lost maybe 5 lbs with it....

Replies

• jahnlaw
    jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow! 5 pounds! That's fantastic!

Maybe someone else can speak with more authority but I've heard rumored that products like hydroxycut work by speeding up your metabolism (yea!) but it also slows down your bodys natural ability to metabolize and makes you dependent on the product (boo). I wish it were otherwise but that risk is too great for me.

On the other hand, eating clean, whole grains, lean protein and exercise, especially resistance training improves your bodys natural ability to metabolize fat and keeps you feeling full. If you are doing all that you might think about reducing your calories a little or increasing your workout.

The last few ounds can be hard. My wife loves Oxycen Magazine in helping her get in shape. You might want to check it out.

Good luck!

Mike
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (18, 19, 20) I did.

I used Hydroxycut, Razor-something, and other types of fat burners. Some of them made me jittery, some gave me headaches, and they did kill my appetite - which aided in weight loss.

What every bottle says: "to be used in conjunction with diet and exercise"

I suggest: skip the pills, do the diet and exercise part.

My thoughts now? I wouldn't put that crap in my body ever again.
  • punkin79314
    Options
    I did hydroxycut when I was about 21, that was when it had ephedra in it. Did I lose weight, heck yea I did, I got down to 120. I also ended up in the hospital because my heart rate wouldn't slow down. As one of the PP said, would I ever do any of those diet pills ever again, heck no! By just eating right and working out, last week I am down 2 more lbs!