Low Calorie Snacks

Options
Hey All,

Tomorrow is my favorite day I get to go grocery shopping. So I am trying to find some new low calorie snacks or healthy snacks need some ideas and I know like grapes, oranges, bananas etc I guess I want something new if that makes any sense.

Any help you can give I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Larry

Replies

• MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like reduced fat chees-itz and fiber one brownies. They're not my most common snacks, as I try to stick to fresh fruits and vegetables, but sometimes I want something a little bit junky.

One thing about the reduced fat chees-itz, make sure you portion them out BEFORE you start eating them. Eating out of the box will not do you any favors, reduced fat or not. I like to take a little baggy of them with me to work sometimes. I also sneak them into movie theaters since there are no good options at the snack bar.
  • allierae14
    Options
    I love hummus with pretzels or baby carrots. Also like apples with peanut butter as well.
  • jankcarter
    Options
    Quaker rice cake minis...the sweet chili flavored ones are to die for!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hot air popper? Buy some popcorn kernals. Or buy "light" popcorn ( most places have 100 calori bags) and season with things like chili powder,garlic powder,or powdered parmesan cheese.
    Greek yogurt makes a great filling snack.
    pretzels are pretty low cal.
    peanut butter and dark chocolate is great to satisfy your sweet tooth.
    Hm,thats all I can think of right now.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a constant snacker; feel free to look at my diary!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I love radishes. They give a huge flavour punch for very little calories. For salty snacks I go for Yumpeez which I found at a health food store. They're split pea snacks, flavoured with dill or bbq and they come in the perfect little 30g snack size.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My current favorite are red radishes. I could eat them 24/7. Sometimes, I cut them up and mix them with diced cucumber. Doesn't even need a dressing or anything.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Grape tomatos. Rule of thumb is about a calorie a piece and tomatos are really healthy for you.
  • ElisetheQ
    ElisetheQ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love fat free (or low fat) cottage cheese with grapes.

The Fiber One bars are really good too, especially if you're on-the-go a lot! Someone's mentioned the brownies, but I think the oatmeal/chocolate drizzle ones are best, imo!

Honey Crisp apples will always be my number one favorite snack. So juicy and sweet, with the perfect amount of tartness! ;-D

I also like to pop whipped yogurt in the freezer - voila, delish fro-yo!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Special K Crackers with Light String Cheese is my favorite.
    Microwave popcorn
    100 calorie snack bags
    Yogurt (Activia Light) 60 calories
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Grape tomatos. Rule of thumb is about a calorie a piece and tomatos are really healthy for you.

Mmmmhhhh, I love those, too!

You guys are giving me ideas for what to take to work with me this week. :D
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a constant snacker; feel free to look at my diary!

wow you are. your dinner the other night. that's such a random group of foods. obviously it's working for you though. :D

♥ Dinner ♥
    Spaghetti Squash - Spaghetti Squash,
    Kraft - Shredded Fat Free Cheddar Cheese, 28 g (g=1/4c)
    Cary's Maple Syrup - Sugar Free, 1/4 cup / 4 Tbls
    Paradiso - Tomato Sauce (8oz) , 1/4 cup (61g)
    Quick Added Calories, 41 calories
    Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream - Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundae, 7/10 cup (60g)
    Webber Naturals - Fish Oil Caps, 1 Softgel
    Homemade - Unsweetened Apple Sauce, 3/10 Cup (121g)
    Pistachios - Pistachios, 5 nut
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    A great snack are unsalted peanuts.I always buy the big jar then baggie them up in 150 calorie counts for the week.I take one a day to work for a snack.Yogurt is another snack for me,100 calories,can beat it and there so good.Another I like is unsalted crackers,12 calories each.I usually eat five for a snack.Good luck.
  • jennykling
    jennykling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas: 100 calorie popcorn, emerald on the go breakfast pouches (180-210 calories), fiber one bars (140 calories), kroger has honey flavored pretzel twist (10 of them = 110 calories), and a new favorite a smoothie. I mix if up but use a kroger carb lite yogurt (6oz container = 60 calories), 1/2 - 1 cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, and half a banana (around 200 cals depending on how much milk u use).
  • treytillman
    Options
    Grapes are a great snack because they yield a significant amount of energy in the body. Bananas and apples are great because they have high fiber and are very filling. Almonds are good because they are filling and yield a lot of protein.

If you're looking for some pre-packaged options, try low-fat or low-sugar yogurt varieties. Also, Jello has snack packs in the dairy section. The 'no sugar added' varieties have only 60 calories.

Explore some recipe options. Search the web and you'll find some excellent nutrition bar recipes. I would elaborate if I had more time buy my go-to nutrition bar is really nothing more than mixing together some toasted oats (Quaker), dried fruit, mixed nuts and even a little chocolate all bound together by just a bit of honey. And yes, chocolate and honey can be part of a fitness lifestyle. Use darker varieties of chocolate since they contain less additives like cocoa butter. Use pure honey (not the $3 bear variety) that is 100% honey. The cheap stuff is about 20% honey and 80% corn syrup.
  • louiepoof
    louiepoof Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Today had a clip about low calorie snacks that suggested filling the inside of an egg white with hummus for a low calorie snack (like you would a deviled egg). I think I might try it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love hummus with pretzels or baby carrots. Also like apples with peanut butter as well.

She stole my answer!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hummus and cucumbers, avocados, low cal granola bars, fruit and yogurt.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn ~30 cal/cup
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love fat free (or low fat) cottage cheese with grapes.

The Fiber One bars are really good too, especially if you're on-the-go a lot! Someone's mentioned the brownies, but I think the oatmeal/chocolate drizzle ones are best, imo!

Honey Crisp apples will always be my number one favorite snack. So juicy and sweet, with the perfect amount of tartness! ;-D

I also like to pop whipped yogurt in the freezer - voila, delish fro-yo!

OMFG i just started eating honey crisp apples a couple of months ago andi will never eat any other kind again