Low Calorie Snacks

Options

Replies

• emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The Today had a clip about low calorie snacks that suggested filling the inside of an egg white with hummus for a low calorie snack (like you would a deviled egg). I think I might try it.
    \

WOW WOW WOW my eyes are huge now in utter awe of this idea
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Options
    - Nonfat Cottage Cheese
    - Frozen Grapes
    - Protein Bars
    - Hard Boiled Eggs
    - Orange Slices
    - Sugar Free Jello
    - Broccoli Florets
    - Sliced Chicken Breast
    - Green Salad
    - Hummus
    - Cherry Tomatoes
    - Nonfat Yogurt
    - Peanut Butter
    - Frozen Mangos
    - Frozen Yogurt
    - Fruit Smoothies
    - Walnuts
    - Sunflower Seeds
    - Soy Chips
    - Bean Salad
    - Tuna
    - Sliced Apples
    - Pickles
    - Olives
    - Crystal Light Popsicles
    - Baked Apple With Cinnamon
    - Toast With Peanut Butter
    - Baked Sweet Potato
    - Oatmeal & Protein Powder
    - Black Beans & Chicken
    - Tuna Salad Sandwich
    - Baked Chips & Hummus
    - Frozen Bananas
    - Apple & Peanut Butter
    -Crackers With Tuna
    Oh & Air popped popcorn.......... :D
  • islandgirl1767
    Options
    One of my most recent favs is pistachios with dried cranberries....be sure to measure it out!
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    my favs are any fresh fruit, 100 calorie popcorn (I leave these in my desk at work and its super easy when you are hungry at work, also light yogurt parfaits are awesome.

I just went shopping yesterday and picked up all of the above!!!
  • bmstxcc
    bmstxcc Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump!
  • ldickie
    Options
    pistachios with a few dark chocolate chips are really tasty too - but like islandgirl176 said - measure it out! :happy:
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi's dark chocolate and coconut bars 130 cal, 3.5 g fat 4g fibre. Great with green mint tea.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    That egg filled with hummus sounds awesome!
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone I will have to see what I can find I appreciate it I knew I could get some ideas from ya all
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love fat free (or low fat) cottage cheese with grapes.

The Fiber One bars are really good too, especially if you're on-the-go a lot! Someone's mentioned the brownies, but I think the oatmeal/chocolate drizzle ones are best, imo!

Honey Crisp apples will always be my number one favorite snack. So juicy and sweet, with the perfect amount of tartness! ;-D

I also like to pop whipped yogurt in the freezer - voila, delish fro-yo!

Try mixing some cinnamon and sweetener (I use a packet of Truvia/Stevia) into the cottage cheese and then adding a diced up Honey Crisp apple. It's friggin' amazing!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    string cheese
    almonds (I prefer smoked)
    Fage 0% yogurt (I like the strawberry or blueberry)
    Special K 90 calorie bars
    apples
    bananas
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love almonds and nut butters, but simply eat too much of them if not careful. I think I could live off peanut butter.

Cherrios and 1/2 cup of skim milk-not bad.

Apples have a little soluble fiber, so there is a benefit to eating those for your cholesterol. Berries are usually good, Strawberries especially. Watch out for bananas, they are deceptively high in calories in comparison to oranges and apples.

Probably my favorite" junk" snack is a mini microwave bag of popcorn. I have one that has about 160 calories and it really feels like you're eating something.

If you like yogurt, best bang for the calorie is 2% unflavored greek yogurt. It has tons of protein and is thick, creamy and filling. I just don't like unflavored yogurts, but the flavored varieties have quite a few more calories. I discovered crystal lite lemonade sprinkled in it makes it taste just like regular lemon yogurt- you can even throw in some fiber one cereal (the one that looks like rabbit food) for some crunch.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I get wasabi peas. Not the best, but you can have a 1/3rd cup for 130 cal! I also get diet swiss miss (not exactly a snack, but it's a must-have) animal crackers (the kind in the BIG bag) are 16 for 100 cal and pretty filling, low fat grahm crackers, if you like gummi snacks look for Buddy Fruit (it's in the produce section at my local Wal-Mart) taste similar but are 100% fruit and 90 cal a packet. :D
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Also, fruit leather-100%! It's fruit by the foot for grown ups/healthy kids. :D
  • nomadic_neenz
    Options
    Agreed!! Very low cal with hummus. Carrots have some sugar though...
    I love hummus with pretzels or baby carrots. Also like apples with peanut butter as well.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The Today had a clip about low calorie snacks that suggested filling the inside of an egg white with hummus for a low calorie snack (like you would a deviled egg). I think I might try it.
    \

WOW WOW WOW my eyes are huge now in utter awe of this idea

makes two of us in awe of this idea
  • ElisetheQ
    ElisetheQ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love fat free (or low fat) cottage cheese with grapes.

The Fiber One bars are really good too, especially if you're on-the-go a lot! Someone's mentioned the brownies, but I think the oatmeal/chocolate drizzle ones are best, imo!

Honey Crisp apples will always be my number one favorite snack. So juicy and sweet, with the perfect amount of tartness! ;-D

I also like to pop whipped yogurt in the freezer - voila, delish fro-yo!

Try mixing some cinnamon and sweetener (I use a packet of Truvia/Stevia) into the cottage cheese and then adding a diced up Honey Crisp apple. It's friggin' amazing!

Your suggestion, sir, has blown my mind.
    It IS friggin' amazing!
    :D
  • kristih86
    Options
    Kashi- Trail Mix Bars are amazing!
    Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar Corn Puffs are delish
    Nuts & Dried Cranberries (just be careful to measure out a serving size)
    Frozen Grapes
    Apples & Peanut Butter (again measure the PB)
    Celery & PB
    Wheat Thins, String Cheese & Tomatoes (check under my recipes)-
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    nature valley oats and dark chocolate bars are great snack!!!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty in love with 100 calorie packs of dark chocolate roasted almonds. They are sooooo yummy!