How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
It used to be that i would weigh myself daily....but i believe now, that may be why i abandoned so many diet and exercise plans in the past. That constant fluctuation messed with my head and eventually i just gave up. THIS TIME i decided to put the scale away completely. i'm currently doing the 17 Day Diet, so i decided not to weigh myself until i'm done with the 17 Days. I always kind of liked going by how my clothes fit anyway.... :-)

So how often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day (more out of habit than anything else), but I only take into consideration what Sunday morning shows just to keep things consistent.
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    every. single. day. If I don't it's really easy for me to turn one bad day into gaining 10 pounds. god bless the people who can do it once a week and keep losing. not me.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Daily.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day, first thing in the morning. In the past I've found that when I fail to do this, it's because I don't want to face how I've been eating. NOT saying that is what you do, just something I've learned about myself.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Once a week and that's it. If I do it more often, I'm discouraged because I'm not losing weight as fast as I think I should.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    once a week.

Daily fluctuations really discourage me. So, at this point, I'd rather see one lump amount go away than bit by bit plus additions throughout the week. My husband and I are weighing ourselves every Sunday, together :)
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I realize that my weight will fluctuate based on a variety of factors like hormones, salty diet, water intake, etc., and I don't want to drive myself crazy thinking about a number everyday. Don't get me wrong. I love watching the numbers on the scale drop, but i don't want to ever become a slave to the scale - to have it effect whether I enjoy my day or not. It can be a struggle to not weight myself, especially if I've cheated a bit, but it allows me to learn to feel good about myself based on factors other than weight, i.e., how eating healthy and exercising make me feel good on their own right.
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You should only weigh yourself once a week or fortnight - the daily ups and downs will definitely discourage and lead to a half-heartened diet or exercise regime.

I use the wii fit and do a body test every Saturday morning! Try that for a while and you'll love the bigger loss in weight!!

Tiffani x
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Every single day! Keeps me on track.....
  • madeira16
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday right when I wake up. This weight is the standard I hold myself to when i want to lose or maintain. The fluctuation drove me crazy when doing it daily!
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went back and forth. I did everyday and then I tried just on Fridays.. I've figured out I am way more motivated and know what I need to do if I do it everyday.
    Just once a week doesn't cut it for me. I think daily will show you how well you did the day before.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Too often. Lol!
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself for my check in on MFP every 2 weeks. However i weigh myself everyday on my wii fit so that i know how im doing x
  • Zekesmom
    Options
    Only once a week, on Tues mornings with no clothes on lol. Your true weight is always in the morning when you first wake up
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    Once a week.
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    every morning, but i only log fridays
  • adamhaywood
    Options
    Once a week on a Saturday morning, like the constant drop :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Every day, otherwise I'm wondering about it and thinking of the stuff I've done wrong. That gets me in the habit of thinking that things go up and down and you just gotta keep moving, and stop doing something when it's not working (like wow beer. that stuff makes my weight go up disproportionately to the calories. need to take that into consideration for the future). :)
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Everyday in the morning. I log everything I eat on MFP and log my weight also on excel spread sheet. In the spread sheet, I keep track of anything I ate/did on a given day that is out of ordinary. I also have mapped a graph associated with my weight, as long as it is downward trend, I am good. I can see what makes my weight go up and what makes it come down. This time around (second time on MFP) I learnt that, salt is my main cause of weight gain from day to day.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of things, no answer is right. You need to do what works for you. I do it once a week though because I understand the fluctuations that happens every day and to me it is more discouraging.