NSV?

Options
What does 'NSV' mean? Ive been seeing it alot around the site but am confused x

Replies

• kimberlyawagner
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory. Little things that you notice happening while losing weight that don't have to do with the number on the scale. I had to google it when I first started on here! :o)
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i dont understand x
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    i dont understand x

An example is being able to fit into an old pair of jeans that didn't fit before, or having someone compliment you on your weight loss, or being able to say no to an extra piece of desert. (:
  • sallyjokokomo
    sallyjokokomo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    NSV's are wonderful, especially when the scale isn't moving!
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    i dont understand x

Ok ... a scale victory is when you lose a milestone ... or whatever ... example ... I lost 5 pounds ... that's a scale victory.

A non scale victory (NSV) is when you go down a size in clothing, a hot guy checks you out (when a guy like that wouldn't have looked at you before) or you can finally see your collarbone after not seeing it for so long. It's the little things that make you feel better about all the hard work you are putting into your weight loss journey.
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ohhh ok THANKS people, i can finally understand what people are going on about now :D

My first every NSV - A customer in the shop i work at told me TWICE on different occasions that the weight had fallen off me and if id been on a diet :D