Introducing Myself

suepeters_50
suepeters_50 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new to this site and would like to introduce myself. I'm Sue and I'm 60 years old. Didn't think I needed to lose weight at this age but my health is suffering. I was recently in Rome, Italy and let me tell you, all that walking with all this weight was hard. I'm joining my daughter in this and hopefully we'll both meet our goals. Anyone else out there from the Baby Boomers group?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this site and would like to introduce myself. I'm Sue and I'm 60 years old. Didn't think I needed to lose weight at this age but my health is suffering. I was recently in Rome, Italy and let me tell you, all that walking with all this weight was hard. I'm joining my daughter in this and hopefully we'll both meet our goals. Anyone else out there from the Baby Boomers group?

Hi Sue, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • southern72
    southern72 Posts: 2
    Hi im kathy.ihave lost a total of 110 pds so far.i still have about 120 more to go.it has taken me 15 months.no pills no surgery.just good old walking and joining a gym.i joined this site because my daughter found it and she loves it. she is 15 and just wants to be healthy.hope to chat with other people and hope we can help each other ..thank you and have a bless day....
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try them and see what works best for me. WOW, some of you have really come a long way. Hope I have as much stick-to-itness. Good luck to all of us.
This discussion has been closed.