Crazy Squirrels!

Options
dclarsh
dclarsh Posts: 364
So last week I got a bunch of apples from the grocery store, and they turned out to be pretty gross. All soft and mealy and bruised and whatnot. I was going to toss them out the other day, but I decided instead to put them out in the back yard for the squirrels. Seemed like such a waste to just throw them out, you know? So tonight, my family and I are out on our patio eating dinner, and my husband looks up, points and laughs... I follow his finger to look where he's pointing, and there is an apple sitting square on top of the power line. It's just perched up there like some kind of beacon. I would have really like to see them getting it up there. Crazy squirrels.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I throw my corn cobs out to the animals when I finish (or they just take them off the compost pile). I have noticed that they do that - they haul them up and stash them in the branches and crooks of the trees, and go back to them. It's hilarious to look up and see a corn cob like that. Squirrels are cool!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy063.gif
    My next door neighbor feeds the squirrels off his front porch each morning (and has moved up the pigeons and rats, but I digress!)

One morning I am on my porch, and lean out to pick up a peice of paper and wack! I get struck on the head by a peanut, shell and all. Bad enough........but then the squirrel YELLED at ME!!!