Weighing on the Wii!

Options
I weigh myself every Saturday morning on the Wii (Wii Fit)

Is this a good way of measuring. I don't ever use anything else to weigh myself - just that - is it accurate?
Or should I get some proper scales?

Tiffani x

Replies

• Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    i always weigh on the wii too.

i weighed on the scales in my local boots right at the start of the year and then on the wii when i got home from town and it was spot on.
  • apriliamark
    Options
    As long as you use the same weighing mechanism all the time, it doesn't necassarily matter how accurate it is, as you're still tracking your progression. As long as the number is getting lower, it's all good! :o)
  • ChrisBrown3107
    ChrisBrown3107 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree. Wii Fit is very accurate. I would say my only issue with it is if you change the weight of the clothes your wearing. I always weigh myself in shorts and t-shirt and choose the same selection of 0+ for clothes weight. I know that my clothes don't weight that much and this way makes it more equal every weigh-in :smile:
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've worn different weights of clothes the times I've weighed on it, it's pretty accurate.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I weighed on the wii for almost a year. The results will be different based on carpet vs hard floor. I got a fancy weight watchers scale for Christmas and I found that it was about 2lbs different (higher) than the Wii.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    As long as you use the same weighing mechanism all the time, it doesn't necassarily matter how accurate it is, as you're still tracking your progression. As long as the number is getting lower, it's all good! :o)

I agree with this.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if it is exactly right or not. What matters is that it is consistent. If you use the same scale in the same conditions (hardwood vs carpet, shoes vs no shoes) you should be able to compare your results from one weigh to the next. I do wii because it makes a nice graph for me and over two years time I can see clear patterns and know what things I can fix and what things are no big deal (I can three pounds almost every time I hit a 10 pound loss, comes right off, but that spike is there). Don’t stress too much over the number. :)
  • ChrisBrown3107
    ChrisBrown3107 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if it is exactly right or not. What matters is that it is consistent. If you use the same scale in the same conditions (hardwood vs carpet, shoes vs no shoes) you should be able to compare your results from one weigh to the next. I do Wii because it makes a nice graph for me and over two years time I can see clear patterns and know what things I can fix and what things are no big deal (I can three pounds almost every time I hit a 10 pound loss, comes right off, but that spike is there). Don’t stress too much over the number. :)

Absolutely right, as long as the weight loss keeps happening is all good in my opinion :) It has become an essential tool for me, and agree with the results graph. I myself cant wait for a pretty graph to be pleased with :)
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I find the weigh in on wii fit one of the best things about it. I need to resist temptation to weigh in more than once a week though!

When I used to go to weight watchers meetings my weight was always the same as the wii fit scales so I think it's accurate. No need to buy another scales.
  • with no reduction from clothes, and on carpet, my wii fit was telling me I weighed 150, when I weighed 169. I don't know if it just mine is all jacked up or what, but it wasn't exactly accurate. Now i just use a $20 scale from target. (: