21 and have 50 pounds to lose.

Options
Hello! My name is Stephanie. I've done this thing before and had amazing results with Weight Watchers. This time around I really don't want to give my money to a corporation when I can get fabulous support all around me. SO, here I am. I like to think I am motivated. Something inside me tells me I can't do it now being that I lost 37 pounds before and let myself gain it all back...I felt SO amazing after losing that much. SO, if you can kick me in the rear and need support yourself, let me know!

Replies

• AllyDarling
    Options
    I'm the same age and need to lose around the same amount too. I heard about this just recently and now I can't wait to use it. Great way to save buck, but get results.
  • itsshadowwithane
    itsshadowwithane Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm am just about the same.how tall are you?
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What up....... Gotta lose 50 too. Hopefully by the summer.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I'm just a bit younger than you (:
    I'm doing weight watchers now, I'm not paying for meetings. I have the calculator..
    Everyone slips up in different ways.. but that's never a sign of failure until you give up all together. & you obviously haven't. Which is something to feel proud of.
    If you ever need a pep talk, I'm more than happy to help you out (:
    I'm very motivational.. I used to motivate people at the gym all the time..
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hi!
    im 21 well until next month ill be 22 :) or is it :( lol
    but i have 30 more lbs to loose ive lost 20 already.
    im eating soup, salad, a variety of fish, chicken, and red meat( rare but i love steak so i have to slip one in there every so often), and walking.
    i have stopped eating boxed items, and frozen items all together,
    what else has helped me is having a cheat day! i cheat once a week, or twice,
    it has not stopped my weight loss what so ever. !!
    good luck
  • ashleygeex26
    ashleygeex26 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and have 40-50 pounds to lose! Anyone in this forum PLEASE feel free to add me. I would love to have friends with the same goal and age so we can help each other through this :)
  • StephanieGabriele
    StephanieGabriele Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5"! Thanks guys, I added everyone who sent me a request :)
  • ccaaooii
    ccaaooii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    just added you as a friend im 18 trying to lose 30 lbs have been on this a while but starting to take it alot more seriously since start of 2012
  • Amh32290
    Options
    Im also 21 and looking to lose around another 45-50 pounds.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, 5'5", and looking to lose 45 lbs. Seems like there are a lot of us with similar goals!
  • kvhmc
    kvhmc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 but same height and same weight to lose :) I'll add you now!
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    I'm almost the same as you - 21 years old and have about 40-45 to lose, depending on how I feel when I get there. :) Feel free to add me!
  • megadon25
    megadon25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, so a little older but perhaps I can help motivate/give some of the tips I've learned. We all yo-yo with our weight. It sucks but it's true. So, first thing is first, this is a lifestyle. Every single day is a new decision to live a healthy lifestyle. Wake up and take initiative..remember this is what you want.

Eating has a lot to do with losing weight. I like to live my this quote... "Don't give up what you want most for something you want right now." I don't know who wrote it or if it is about food, but it works for me.
    Make sure you are knowledgeable about what you are eating. Not just that it is made my lean cuisine. What is IN it? I try to stick to foods that I can pronounce the ingredients and foods that are clean. Eggs, greek yogurt, veggies, fruits, lean protein, almonds ect..

Now exercise. I have been doing TurboFire which is really fun and enjoyable...especially if you are like me and have work or class till it's dark out. This way I can still get my work out in with out jeopardizing my safety. Also, I recently read a very interesting article that emphasizes the importance of strength training. The more muscle we have, the higher metabolism we have...ie the more fat we burn. So if you want to lose weight and keep it off, remember to incorporate strength workouts.

One more thing, I find that it helps me if I have mini goals to work on along the way. Find a 5k to train for or a night out in a month or two that you want to get ready for. Every little thing helps!

Sorry this is so long, I'm not even really dedicated to this website, but just thought I would give my two cents! ;)

Good luck!
    Megan
  • pineapl
    pineapl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and have 67 pounds to lose. I'm so worried it's gonna be harder this time since I'm older. When I was younger and would try to lose weight, it literally fell off. I'm 5'6". A close (and caring) friend of mine introduced me to this site. It really does make it easier for me!! Feel free to add me, too, even though I'm older. LOL I just started today.
  • tlilly21
    Options
    Hey! I'm 21 and want to lose 30-40 pounds! please add me! getting started today! If we all focused and motivated each other to push ourselves.... we can do anything! :)
  • kck1320
    Options
    I definitely need motivation! I've been trying this alone for some time now (starting 13 years ago?!) and I can't seem to drop those last 20 lbs. Please help! Over the last 4 years or so I've lost about 25 but I've hit a wall and my weight keeps fluctuating. It's so frustrating! We're too young to not be enjoying life like everyone else.
  • ashlee2012
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stephanie. I've done this thing before and had amazing results with Weight Watchers. This time around I really don't want to give my money to a corporation when I can get fabulous support all around me. SO, here I am. I like to think I am motivated. Something inside me tells me I can't do it now being that I lost 37 pounds before and let myself gain it all back...I felt SO amazing after losing that much. SO, if you can kick me in the rear and need support yourself, let me know!

You can do it, Stephanie! I think we have all slipped up from time to time, but you never really fail until you stop trying! Getting support is a great thing- just remember not to rush it, not to force it, and to make lasting lifestyle habits! I have 128 pounds to lose overall, and am always here if you need a little extra push or a listening ear! Best of luck to you!
  • sdupuis01
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm in the same boat, I'm 21 and am looking to lose about 45-50 ... I've lost just under 20 right now and have been using this site for a few weeks and love it! People are so great and so is all the motivation, it's nice to have people to compare with and talk to, if anyone wants to add me please do! Good luck everyone!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just learned about this website from girls i work with, so im just starting out! im 21 also and i need to loose at least 30 but dream to lose 50!
  • ElenaElliottx3
    Options
    i'm 21 looking to lose 20-25 lbs!