Evening snacks

Options
I have 6 calories left for the day before I work out and I'm starving. Any suggestions for an evening snack that will take the edge off this hunger I'm feeling. After I work out I'll have about 200 cals to play with.

Replies

• danssinred
    Options
    One egg white, seasoned and cooked in a nonstick skillet. If your skillet is good enough, you don't even need cooking spray.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter, broccoli and cheese (YUM! - I usually do like 2 cups of broccoli and 1/4 cup shredded cheese.) Basically a huge portion of a low calorie vegetable, with a small bit of something tasty along with it. If you have spaghetti squash, you can make a big plate of that with a little olive oil, basil, parsley, garlic, etc. Mmm!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    babybel cheese and 5 crackers (150 cal)
    100 cal. guacamole and baked tortilla chips (220 cal)
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    apple and peanut butter
  • debees
    debees Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    core an apple sprinkle it with a little cinnamon sugar, microwave in bowl for 2 minutes-awesome baked apple=150 calories=YUM
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cereal and skim milk is my go to snack....many choices under 200 cal.
  • net360
    net360 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am with the squash super yummy. If you have a sweet tooth add cinnamon. 2 cups is under 100 calories and it is filling.
  • dede73
    dede73 Posts: 5
    Options
    A cup of steam spinach with mushrooms!!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    tomato juice
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A cup of steam spinach with mushrooms!!

that literally sounds like the worst snack ever. i hope that was a joke.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, or cheese stick usually do the job for me. Or some Cocoa Roasted almonds. :drinker:
  • bjesser
    Options
    Craziness! I love steamed spinach and mushrooms....I usually had some garlic, too....all the vitamins and folic acid in the spinach is just the bonus!
  • sweetjoani
    sweetjoani Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much....some really great ideas. This was my first time posting here and I am amazed by the quick and helpful responses. Great support system here.
  • maggiesett
    Options
    steamed apple and cinnamon is awesome, depending on how many calories you have left :smile: you can do it over yogurt and/or add some nuts. pudding or jello is great too....I am not a huge sweets person but at the end of the day I need something sweet to close out the day.
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i love popcorn!!!
  • LorettaMC16
    LorettaMC16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese and crackers
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumber and baby carrots and hummus.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese and crackers
    I agree, I think it's like 35 calories for a wedge. Many different flavors, so you never get bored
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    One egg white, seasoned and cooked in a nonstick skillet. If your skillet is good enough, you don't even need cooking spray.

This or Low fat Popcorn
  • LorettaMC16
    LorettaMC16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2 tbs hummus and 10 baby carrots. Fills me up all the time.