I don't own any of those evil things

Options
I just started yesterday with tracking my food and exercise but I don't even own a scale to weigh myself, nor do I have a measuring tape. For so many years I have avoid those types of things at all costs. Am I the only person on this website that does not at least have scale? I just don't want it to be sitting there staring me down in the bathroom every day...lol. Maybe I will break down and just get one and do weigh ins on Fridays or something.

I did take some before photos last night since I have started the 30 Day Shred. Hopefully I will be able to at least see some small results from that.

Replies

• SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have to have a scale. A person scale and a food scale. I weigh myself once a week as soon as I wake up. I love to see the pounds drop, hopefully!
  • robsgirl7979
    Options
    i don't own a scale either, refuse to keep one in my house, i weigh once a week at my gym since they have a nice one, one like you see in doctors offices.
  • nikicrin
    nikicrin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah they have scales in supermarkets etc jus weigh yourself once a week!! X
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Although you may want a lower reading, be sure to keep dressed when you weigh in. Those public standards laws are still a real consideration. :-)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Make a trip to to Walmart, set a scale on the floor to try it out, do it once a week. No need to buy one if you don't want one in the house.
  • brinak2005
    brinak2005 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Although you may want a lower reading, be sure to keep dressed when you weigh in. Those public standards laws are still a real consideration. :-)

I just had a good laugh picturing myself walking into Walmart and casually stripping down to my undies and weighing myself.
  • brinak2005
    brinak2005 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Make a trip to to Walmart, set a scale on the floor to try it out, do it once a week. No need to buy one if you don't want one in the house.

I think I just might do this....while fully clothed of course ;)
  • hubb56
    hubb56 Posts: 7
    Options
    14261430.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Dear lady, by now you've seen that you are not alone. I would imagine that just about anything that gets posted here, others have done. My weakness is apple fritters(yum) and tater chips.

What I have discovered is that if I just" think through the urge" and the aftermath that sometimes helps.
    Otherwise if I do get a STRONG craving, rather then site and fixate for minutes or even hours on end, I will allow myself a half of a fritter, or maybe just some chips. Then, get rid of it, hide, whatever you have to do.
    Good luck, and hang in there
    Robert
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month....in the gym, butt naked. No scales in my house. Only a food scale.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I only just bought myself a scale, I've not been doing inches, but I might take the tape outta my knitting bag and measure.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. I agree they are evil. But I weigh myself at the gym once a week because they are the most accurate. I do however have a tape measure because it is easier to see the inches being lost and it keeps me motivated if I haven't lost on the scales one week. Keep logging, do some exercise and it will start happening for you, oh and get a tape measure :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday with tracking my food and exercise but I don't even own a scale to weigh myself, nor do I have a measuring tape. For so many years I have avoid those types of things at all costs. Am I the only person on this website that does not at least have scale? I just don't want it to be sitting there staring me down in the bathroom every day...lol. Maybe I will break down and just get one and do weigh ins on Fridays or something.

I did take some before photos last night since I have started the 30 Day Shred. Hopefully I will be able to at least see some small results from that.
    No, I want something definitive to measure progress.
    I track weight as well as body fat which you can do here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

It makes no sense to avoid some standard to check progress or gauge regression.
    That's a prescription for failure.
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll send you my scale. I'm too obsessive. I want to start eating right and working out for the sake of it being good for me, not for a number on the scale.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have to have a scale. A person scale and a food scale. I weigh myself once a week as soon as I wake up. I love to see the pounds drop, hopefully!

ditto to both!
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    Good for u I'm proud of u, i've never heard of that before!! But u definitely out of the two should get a measuring tap. That's the most accurate, then u won't need a scale to tell u how to feel. Plus there addicting!!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I used to not own a scale. I'd just weigh in at the gym. But I like weighing first thing in the morning, so I finally bought one. I keep it in the guest bedroom, so it's not staring me in the face on mornings I don't want to weigh.

I probably weigh about 3-4 times a week, and it fluctuates, which can be annoying, but I do think it's helpful.
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month....in the gym, butt naked. No scales in my house. Only a food scale.

This is smart. Definitely should do this, and have a measuring tap on the side!!
  • MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was obsessive and weighing myself 4-5 times a day so I threw the scale out. On Monday when I go to the gym for strength training I weigh myself there. My tape measure is shoved in a draw somewhere I might go dig it out
    Love my food scale though, has helped heaps with portion control which is my biggest problem.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Weighing and measuring aren't the only ways to tell you are losing. How your clothes get looser is another way. The difference you look in pictures. Its just the scale is a way to see small changes.
  • Missaprilnichole
    Missaprilnichole Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Girl i was the same weigh!! Its hard because our weight does fluctuate but my mom actually ended up buying one if she didnt i probably wouldnt of have.. I work with patients getting Chemo so i was just weighing myself on their scale because it is VERY accurate. I was kind of sad when she got it but you know what I can weigh myself any time of the day its kind of my push right now seeing that number drop :)
    She bought a Weight Watchers one for a little over 20 dollars at Costco very worth it. But everyone is different...